City of Hamilton
Municipal Election Day is Monday, October 27, 2014 between 10am and 8pm.
Advance Poll Day and Times
- Thursday, October 9, between 10 am and 7pm
- Saturday, October 11, between 10am and 5pm
- Tuesday, October 14, between 10am and 7pm
- Thursday, October 16, between 10am and 7pm
- Saturday, October 18, between 10am and 5pm
Learn about voter qualifications and identification requirements and information about the voters' list. Check this website closer to the election as voter information is updated regularly throughout the election cycle.
Are you on the voters list?
The Preliminary List of Electors for the 2014 City of Hamilton Municipal Election is now available (as per the Municipal Elections Act, 1996).
Confirm if you are on the Voter's List and find out where to vote during Advance Voting opportunities and on Election Day.
I'm not on the Voters' list. How can I be added?
- Visit City Hall or any Municipal Service Centre between September 2, 2014 and October 27, 2014 to complete an Application to Amend the Voters' List.
- Application forms will also be available at each polling station when you go to vote. You will need identification showing your are eligible to vote.
As of September 2, 2014, please contact the City of Hamilton Election Office at (905) 546-4365, or the Customer Contact Centre at (905) 546-2489 for more information.
Removing a name from the voters' list
You can remove your name from the voters' list, but you will not be able to vote unless you have your name put back on the list.
Contact the City Clerk between September 2 and 12, 2014 to remove someone else from the voters' list. The clerk is required to hold a hearing to determine if the person should be removed, unless the person is deceased.