The City of Hamilton offers two incentive programs for heritage properties:
1. Hamilton Community Heritage Fund (HCHF)
The Hamilton Community Heritage Fund (HCHF) provides interest-free loans to a maximum of $50,000 for restoration of heritage attributes on properties designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
Type of work that could be eligible for this funding includes (copy and paste below the text from the guide)
For more information about the HCHF, please take a look at the HCHF guide and application Please Note: Applications are accepted throughout the year.
2. Hamilton Heritage Conservation Grant Program
The City of Hamilton is pleased to announce the launch of the Hamilton Heritage Conservation Grant Program. The program is intended to provide financial assistance in the form of matching grants to assist in the ongoing conservation of heritage properties designated under the Ontario Heritage Act. The city-wide program is aimed towards designated heritage properties that may not be eligible for the existing Heritage Property Grant Program, including single-detached residential properties.
By facilitating the continued conservation and restoration of heritage features, the integrity of Hamilton’s significant cultural heritage resources can be maintained for present and future generations.
Highlights of the city-wide heritage conservation grant program:
· Provides financial assistance in the form of a matching grant for the conservation and restoration of heritage features of properties;
· Requires that a property be designated under Part IV or Part V of the Ontario Heritage Act; and,
· Grants will be based on 50% of the total eligible cost for a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $5,000 per municipal address.
For more information about this funding program, please visit: www.investinhamilton.ca/downtown-bia/financial-incentive-programs/#Conservation