City of Hamilton - Planning & Economic Development
Urban Hamilton Official Plan
The Urban Hamilton Official Plan applies to the lands in the urban area of the City.
On August 16, 2013, the Ontario Municipal Board issued its decision which includes declaring the Urban Hamilton Official Plan in force and effect except for the policies, schedules, maps, appendices that remain under appeal.
Note: All settlements previously approved by the OMB, for which orders have been withheld, are not reflected in the August 16 decision. The Board will issue separate orders for these settlements in the near future.
The OP is divided into three volumes:
Volume 1 Policies, Schedules & Appendices
Volume 1: Policies - Parent plan for land uses on an urban wide basis; supporting policies on natural and cultural heritage, transportation, infrastructure, community services.
Volume 1: Schedules to Plan:
Volume 1: Appendices
Volume 2: Policies - Secondary Plans which are more detailed land use plans for 25 smaller geographic areas
Volume 2 Policies, Mapping & Appendices
Volume 2 Secondary Plan Mapping:
- No existing secondary plans
- Map B.6.1-1 to Map B.6.1-6 - Downtown Hamilton - Land Use Plan, Downtown Commercial Areas, Special Downtown Residential Policy Areas, Building Heights, Streets, Gateways and Public Spaces, Development Permit Sub-Areas
- Map B.6.2-1, Map B.6.2-2 - Anislie Wood Westdale - Land Use Plan, Cultural Heritage Landscapes
- Map B.6.3-1 - Chedmac - Land Use Plan
- Map B.6.4-1, Map B.6.4-2 - West Hamilton Innovation District - Land Use Plan, Development
- Map B.6.5-1 to Map B.6.5-6 - West Harbour - Land Use Plan, Planning Areas and Sub-Areas, Zone of Noise Influence, Building Heights, Public Realm, Fisheries Policy Areas
Volume 2 Appendices
Volume 3 Policies: Area Specifics and Site Specifics - Area specific and site specific policies for certain properties or geographic area.
Volume 3 Policies & Mapping