|City of Hamilton
Bus Operator Recruitment
* Note: due to the anticipated high volume of resumes we may receive, we will not be able to provide status updates on individual applications.
Review the applicant package which will provide information and assist you through the recruitment process.
When to apply:
Open Date: Thursday, December 18, 2014
Close Date: Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Who can apply:
To be eligible for a Bus Operator position, you must meet the following criteria at time of application:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a clean and clear driving record for three years (no demerit points and/or no infractions) previous to the application and at the time of hire, and a valid driver's licence - Class 'G'. (Candidate’s must provide a recent copy of a driver's abstract upon request. Driver abstracts cannot be older than 14 days upon submission.)
- Recent demonstrated experience working with the public, normally acquired through substantial and direct customer service experience which would include conflict resolution, mediation, negotiation, interpersonal communication and problem solving.
- Thrive in a minimally supervised environment.
Capable of obtaining a Class "B" license. (In order to determine eligibility for a Class "B" license, HSR is required to examine the medical results and the criminal record of applicants being considered for hire as a bus operator, as per Reg. 462 H.T.A.).
How to apply:
For this recruitment, we encourage you to submit your resume online. Any false statements made on your resume will disqualify you from employment or cause your dismissal. Complete every question found in the online questionnaire and submit a resume.
If the questionnaire is not completed in full and your resume is not submitted, your application for the Bus Operator position will be disqualified.
* Note: The category (Job ID 10252) for the Bus Operator Recruitment will be published on Thursday, December 18. At that time, you will be able to apply online by submitting your resume and completing the online questionnaire.