City of Hamilton
CUPE Local 1041 Joint Job Evaluation Program - Requesting Reconsideration
The rating of a CUPE Local 1041 job is subject to review or reconsideration by the CUPE Local 1041 Reconsideration Committee created for this specific purpose. The procedure for reconsideration is as follows.
1. The incumbent(s) or Managers/Supervisors, who disagrees with the rating for the job, can request a meeting between the incumbent(s), the Managers/Supervisors and the Compensation Specialist to ensure that all relevant factors have been addressed. The incumbent(s) or Managers/Supervisors who still disagree with the rating can submit a completed Request for Reconsideration form within thirty (30) calendar days of receiving the rating.
2. The Request for Reconsideration will be reviewed and signed off by the immediate supervisor and the Director indicating full agreement with the contents of the documentation.
3. The completed form is submitted to the appropriate Compensation Specialist who is responsible for the department.
4. Members of the CUPE Local 1041 Joint Reconsideration Committee will participate on a four member panel to review Requests for Reconsideration.
5. The Compensation Specialist will communicate the Committee's decisions in writing to the Union, the incumbent(s), the incumbent's Supervisor and Director.
6. Decisions of the CUPE Local 1041 Joint Reconsideration Committee are final and binding.