We are here to help! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the nomination process or would like to get involved with the Arts Awards.
Arts, Events and Grants Section, Tourism and Culture Division
(905) 546-2424 extension 4514
The Lister Block
28 James St N, 2nd floor
Monday through Friday
9:00am to 4:30pm
Join the conversation
Visit us on Facebook or Twitter for program news and updates! Sign up for our email list by sending an email to
The City of Hamilton values your privacy and will not share or distribute your personal information without your expressed consent.
The City of Hamilton Arts Awards is one of the oldest municipal-led arts awards programs in Canada. The Arts Awards celebrates Hamilton’s vibrant arts community and recognizes the many individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to arts and culture in our community.
2015 City of Hamilton Arts Awards
Free Event | Everybody’s Welcome
Thursday June 4, 2015 | 7:30 (doors open at 6:30)
Theatre Aquarius, 190 King William Street
Join us in celebrating Hamilton’s dynamic arts community at the 2015 Arts Awards!
The opening reception kicks off at 6:30 p.m. in the Theatre Aquarius lobby. Attendees are invited to mingle at the reception featuring art, entertainment and light refreshments.
The awards ceremony (starting at 7:30 p.m.) will honour the achievements of local artists and will feature live performances. The awards will be followed by a reception with even more engaging art experiences, celebrating the 2015 award recipients.
Our Master of Ceremonies this year is David Brennan, and we are proud to present art and performances by:
- Lisa Pijuan-Nomura
- DJ Donna Lovejoy
- Emma Rush with Bel Canto Strings
- Christopher Reid Flock
- Clifford Myers
- Tyler Tekatch
- Defining Dance Movement
- Tuesday Choir
Download the Event Poster here.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to be kept up to date on event developments. Tag your own event posts with #HAA2015 to help tell the story of the night!
Book your tickets now! The event is free to attend and tickets are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Many tickets have already been reserved. Visit https://2015hamartsawards.eventbrite.com to reserve your tickets OR call 904-546-2424 ext. 7612.
New this year: The Hamilton Arts Council will host the Official After-Party across the street at Steel Lounge in a post-event celebration of the arts! Whether you're ready to dance the night away with Golden Era Ghetto Blasters (a.k.a DJs Kid Funky J & Nathan Lovesspaceships) on the second floor or enjoy cocktails and tapas on the main floor lounge, the Hamilton Arts Council after-party is not to be missed! Order tickets via Eventbrite:
2015 City of Hamilton Arts Awards Nominees
Please see below for a list of nominees for the 2015 City of Hamilton Arts Awards or download PDF version. The winners of the Arts Awards will be announced at the event on Thursday June 4th, 2015, at Theatre Aquarius beginning at 7:30pm. A list of award recipients will be posted here following the event.
How are the award recipients selected?
ESTABLISHED ARTIST AWARD:
- A nomination package is submitted for each Established Artist nominee
- A jury of category-specific arts professionals reviews the Established Artist nomination packages and determines who will receive the award based on each nominee’s work, career, and reception by the arts community at large
EMERGING ARTIST AWARD:
- Each Established Artist nominates and Emerging Artist worthy of recognition in their award category.
- If the Established Artist is awarded, their Emerging Artist is awarded too! By winning together, professional artistic relationships can grow and thrive in the community between artists at different points in their careers.
AND THE NOMINEES ARE: (Established with Emerging)
- Taras Cymbalisty
- Bryan Prince
- David M. Tabone
- Paula Grove with Laura Ellis
- Tamara Kamermans with Heather Baer
- Ryan Miller with Alyssa Nedich
- Maggie Dee with Alisia Morrow
- Paul Elia with Lauren Olson
- Laura Marotta with Annie Fraser Smith
- Robert Clark Yates with Tyler Van Holst
- Melissa Bennett with Lela Radisevic
- Andrea Carvalho with Caitlin Sutherland
- Nathan Fleet with Laura Walker
- Fiona Kinsella with Andrew O’Connor
- Kojo “Easy” Damptey with Michael Dex Brown
- Bud Roach with Steve McKay
- Philip “Pip” Kummel with Marie Avery
- Ruth Sutherland with Sara London
- Colette Kendall with Devlin Bishop
- Marie Franek with Tanis Sydney MacArthur
- Julia Garlisi with Megan Robb
- Learie McNicolls with Robin “Zee” Zilberg
- Jeffrey McFadden with Adam Gesjorskyj
- Cornelia Peckart with Rebecca Lane
- Melania Pawliw with Ricky Resijan
- David M. Tabone with Nancy Vincic
- Kyle Hytonen with Aaron Allen
- Andrew Baulcomb with Kristin Archer
- Amanda Jernigan with Joseph William Frank
- Craig Watkins with Devin Bateson
- Marco D’Andrea with Amy McIntosh
- Kyle Hytonen with March Mercanti
Support the Arts Awards
There are a number of sponsorship opportunities for the Arts Awards program. For more information on how to get involved as a sponsor, please contact Kristen Kerr at 905-546-2424 x 2625.
How to Nominate an Artist
The nomination deadline for the 2015 Arts Awards program has now passed. Please sign up for our email list: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive notification of the 2016 nomination period.
Download the list of past City of Hamilton Arts Awards Recipients (PDF).
Frequently Asked Questions about the nomination process (PDF)
The City of Hamilton Arts Awards is one of the oldest municipal-led arts awards programs in Canada. This program celebrates and builds awareness of the incredible contribution that artists make to Hamilton.
Established Artist Award recipients, selected by a jury, will receive:
- Arts Awards bronze commemorative medal designed by artist Dora de Pédery-Hunt
- Civic and Media Recognition
Emerging Artist Award recipients, selected by the Established Artist winner in each category, will receive:
- Certificate of Recognition
- Civic and Media Recognition
Arts Awards information available in multiple languages