Hours of OperationYear round:
Tuesday to Sunday: 12 - 4 pm
(Closed Mondays, Good Friday, Canada Day (July 1), Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Depending on availability, we will gladly open outside of regular hours for pre-booked groups.
610 York Blvd. (map) Hamilton, Ontario
Adult (18-59) $4.00
Senior (60+) $3.50
Student * (13-17) $3.50
Child (6-12) $3.00
Infant (5 and under) Free
Family ** $10.00
* Student = 13-17 or with valid student ID
** Family = two adults and dependant
children under 18
Receive free admission when you buy
a regular full-price admission to
Dundurn National Historic Site.
Discover Canadian military history at The Hamilton Military Museum!
The Hamilton Military Museum is housed in Battery Lodge, the former gate house of Dundurn Castle's famous owner, Sir Allan MacNab. At the museum, investigate the War of 1812. At the Dundurn Castle Coach House explore ongoing exhibits on special topics in the military history of Canada.
- Blood Ties to a Gentle Landscape: a new museum exhibit featuring film, images and artifacts reflecting life on and around Burlington Heights during the War of 1812
- Hamilton & Scourge Sunken Sunset: images from the 2008 Underwater Survey
- The Archaeology of Burlington Heights: artifacts from the earliest evidence of occupation up to the present
- A hands on discovery gallery which includes music, books, and other family friendly activities
- An ongoing exhibit space in the Dundurn Coach House featuring WWI artifacts
Description of the museum collection
Events, Workshops and Exhibitions
Offering over 100 annual festivals, events, workshops and exhibitions, Hamilton Civic Museums provide hours of entertainment for the entire family.
Educational and Community Programming
All Hamilton Civic Museums offer programs suitable for elementary school students, secondary school students, and community groups such as Scouts and Guides. If you would like a detailed outline of any of our programs, or if you require a customized program for your group, contact the individual museum directly.
Children's Birthday Parties
Hamilton Civic Museums offers a wide variety of children's birthday party packages. Birthday parties are very popular and space is limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Hamilton Civic Museums offers a wide variety of group tour and day-trip packages featuring our sites as well as several of our local partners.
The 2012-2014 Bicentennial of the War of 1812 will mark the 200th anniversary of significant military activity in Hamilton. The City will mark the War of 1812 Bicentennial with commemorative events and activities. Visit this site often for event information.