|City of Hamilton
Recreation - Aquatics Leadership Courses
Leadership Course Information
- All fees listed include manuals and exam fees.
- 100% attendance and participation is required to complete any Aquatic Leadership courses.
- Candidates must turn the identified age prior to the end of the last scheduled day of the course.
- Some courses include assistant lifeguarding and assistant teaching hours. See course descriptions.
- Refunds for Advanced Courses will only be processed at the host facility and must be submitted in writing. Requests for refunds must be received seven days prior to the first day of the course. Credit on account only will be issued if withdrawn 6 days or less prior to the first day of the course. No refunds or credits will be issued once the course has begun.
- Many courses utilize continuous evaluation. Unsuccessful candidates will be required to register and repeat a full course.
View the Aquatic Leadership Course Descriptions
What to Bring The First Day
Original pre-requisite certifications are mandatory as listed and must be presented on the first day of the course along with a birth certificate. Photocopies of the same are retained at the host facility.
What to Bring Every Class
- Bathing suit, towel and whistle needed for the pool portion.
- Pocket mask (available for purchase for $15.00).
- Notebook/paper, pens, food/drinks.
- Required Manuals.
- In some instances, pre-course assignments will be assigned before the first day of the course.