|City of Hamilton
Wentworth Lodge - Renovation Information
View watercolor images of the new Wentworth Lodge.
What Stayed The Same?
- Our years of experience in long term care.
- Our commitment to excellent care.
- Not-for-profit ownership by the City of Hamilton.
- Our dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Our interdisciplinary care team of Physicians, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Health Care Aides, Registered Dietitian, Registered Food Service Supervisor, Therapy services under the supervision of Registered Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists, Nurse Practitioner, Infection Control Practitioner, Pharmacist, Social Worker, Volunteer/Admissions Counsellor, Recreationists and specialist consultants in geriatrics, psychiatry and mental health.
- Support services provided by well-trained Dietary Aides, Housekeeping Aides and Maintenance workers.
- Resident bank and financial services.
- Our pets and our "Heart and Home" Program.
- Easy access to bus routes.
- Distinct home areas for 27 residents.
- Comfortable private rooms with ensuite washrooms.
- Semi-private rooms with private entry and individual window access. Washroom is shared.
- Pleasant dining rooms, lounge areas and activity rooms on each home area overlooking landscaped grounds.
- Secure ground-floor home area with safe access to an enclosed, landscaped courtyard for residents who are at risk to wander.
- Park-like setting in an established residential neighbourhood.
- Landscaped areas accessible to residents.
- Screened, comfortable balconies on the upper floors.
- Wide corridors for easy access by wheelchairs.
- Service areas located away from home areas to support a home-like environment.
- A new multi-faith chapel.
- Special Event room complete with kitchenette for private family occasions.
- A new beauty/barber shop.
- A "quiet" room for contemplation or private meetings.
- Spacious lobby with tuck shop.
- A new Central activity room for large group events.
- Centrally located Restorative Care/Therapy Room.
- Non-slip, non-glare floors, easy to walk and wheel on.
- Modern nurse-call and communication systems.
- Each resident room is cable, telephone and computer ready.