Injury Prevention Home >> Adults >> Alcohol & Other Drugs
Alcohol: Your Habits = Your Health
Good health habits lead to physical and mental well-being. These habits include regular physical activity, eating well, regular checkups and if you drink alcohol, drinking in moderation.
Many Canadians drink alcohol and most drink in moderation. Alcohol affects everyone differently and can impact health, safety, relationships, social life and finances.
Drinking too much or too often, hurts your health. Do you know:
• how much alcohol you drink each day? week?
• how to count your drinks?
• if you drink more or less than other Canadians?
• how to lower your risk for health problems and injuries related to drinking?
Make informed choices about alcohol use. Take these actions.
1) Assess your drinking habits
2) Lower your risk for injury and disease
3) Follow safe party tips
4) Understand what influences you
5) Talk to your kids about alcohol and other drugs
Last Updated: November 7, 2012