City of Hamilton
Learn about the 2013 Tax and Rate Budgets
Hamilton City Council has approved the 2013 budget. This year’s budget achieves a 1.9% tax increase, or approximately $67 for the average residential property assessed at $266,200.
Through the budget process, significant financial pressures associated with energy costs, public safety and infrastructure needs were largely offset through identifying new efficiencies.
Highlights of the 2013 budget include:
- No service or program cuts
- No transit fare fee increase
- Enhanced winter control service levels
- 0.5% of the increase represents additional funding for capital investments
- $253 million in immediate capital infrastructure projects
For further information, visit the following links:
Hamilton City Council has just given final approval to the 2013 budget. This year’s budget achieves a 1.9 per cent tax increase, or approximately $67 for the average residential property assessed at $266,200.