On April 25, 2012, Hamilton City Council approved the 2012-2015 Strategic Plan, confirming the City's Vision, Mission, Values and Priorities for the remainder of this term of Council. As an organization, we are pleased to present the strategic plan for the City of Hamilton. This plan provides a focus to the City's efforts to deliver good services and value while also managing the opportunities and challenges of our community.
The 2012-2015 Strategic Plan re-confirms the City's long term Vision: To be the best place in Canada to raise a child, promote innovation, engage citizens and provide diverse economic opportunities.
This Vision is supported through a new proposed Mission Statement, which states that: We will provide quality public services that contribute to a healthy, safe and prosperous community, in a sustainable manner.
We have added one additional Value, 'Cost Consciouness' and collaborated to add definitions to them which will result in clear expectations.
- Accountability - WE are responsible for our actions, ensuring the efficient, cost-effective and sustainable use of public resources.
- Cost Consciousness - WE must ensure that we are receiving value for taxpayer dollars spent.
- Equity - WE provide equitable access to municipal services and treat all people fairly.
- Excellence - WE provide municipal services through a commitment to meeting and exceeding identified standards.
- Honesty - WE are truthful and act with integrity.
- Innovation - WE are a forward thinking organization that supports continuous improvement and encourages creativity.
- Leadership - WE motivate and inspire by demonstrating qualities that foster effective decision making and promote success at all levels.
- Respect - WE treat ourselves and others as we would like to be treated.
- Teamwork - WE work together toward common goals, through cooperation and partnership.
Building on the foundation and strengths of previous plans, the 2012 – 2015 Strategic Plan provides simple and clear direction in regards to where the City of Hamilton is focusing its efforts. The plan has been organized into three Strategic Priorities with specific objectives and actions having been identified by which all efforts across the organization, beyond the delivery of day to day services, should be aligned to.
The priority areas are:
- Strategic Priority #1 – A Prosperous & Healthy Community
WE enhance our image, economy and well-being by demonstrating that Hamilton is a great place to live, work, play and learn.
- Strategic Priority #2 - Valued & Sustainable Services
WE deliver high quality services that meet citizen needs and expectations, in a cost effective and responsible manner.
- Strategic Priority #3 - Leadership & Governance
WE work together to ensure we are a government that is respectful towards each other and that the community has confidence and trust in.
For more information about the Strategic Plan, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.