The Hamilton Children’s Museum will re-open on Saturday, December 5
The Hamilton Children’s Museum invites young visitors to stretch their imagination as they touch, build and experiment in a friendly, child-focused setting. Home to interactive, hands-on galleries, the museum encourages learning through self-directed play.
Newly renovated gallery exhibits take their inspiration from Hamilton’s natural landscape and how it is used by people and other living things:
- The Summers Theatre Stage, inspired by the popular theatre that once sat atop Wentworth Street incline railway on the escarpment
- The Building Gallery, featuring Gage Park and its transformation from family orchard to urban greenspace
- The Ship Gallery, featuring above and below deck activities, including a galley kitchen, a cargo boom and a musical ship whistle
Housed in an 1875 farmhouse in beautiful Gage Park, the museum was once home to Hamilton’s Gage Family. It has been providing family-friendly learning opportunities to the public for more than 30 years.
Hamilton Children’s Museum welcomes schools, community organizations, daycare classes and group bookings. During busy times, there may be a short, outdoor wait and visits may be limited to one hour. Visitors can call ahead to find out if there is a line up on the day they are visiting.
Regular admission rates and hours of operation apply to all events unless otherwise indicated.
- $2 for adults ages 18 to 59
- $2 for seniors ages 60 and above
- $2 for youth
- $4 for children ages 6 to 12
- Infants who are under 1 year visit for free
- $9 for a family of two adults and unlimited dependent children under 18 years old
Location & hours
The Museum is open year-round.
October 1 to March 31
Wednesday to Saturday, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Sunday, 11 am to 4 pm
April 1 to September 30
Tuesday to Saturday, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Closed on Mondays, Good Friday, Canada Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Events at the Children's Museum
We host a variety of events, workshops and exhibitions at the Hamilton Children's Museum throughout the year. No two trips are ever the same!
- Date modified: