About Content on myhamilton
Hamilton Businesses | Community Organizations & Non-Profits | Images and Logos | Events
Content on myhamilton is made possible by the contributions of many partner agencies and by the assistance of community members like you. Check out the home pages of the main tabs for more info.
- As guiding principles, "hamilton.ca" supports the community's commitment to: diversity, inclusiveness, collaboration, communication, privacy, ethical standards and excellence.
THE hamilton.ca COMMUNITY PORTAL IS A SPACE FOR THE COMMUNITY TO SHARE, COMMUNICATE AND CELEBRATE THE DIVERSITY OF THE HAMILTON COMMUNITY WHILE PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND RIGHTS. THIS PORTAL IS DESIGNED TO BE A SAFE, TRUSTED PUBLIC PLACE FOR THE FREE EXCHANGE OF IDEAS AND IS INTENDED TO BE THE “GO TO” LOCATION FOR INFORMATION IN THE HAMILTON COMMUNITY. THAT SAID, IN ORDER TO PROMOTE THE FREE EXCHANGE OF IDEAS AND INFORMATION, THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THE PORTAL DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF THE CITY OF HAMILTON AND ACCORDINGLY THE CITY OF HAMILTON CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THE PORTAL. View Full Disclaimer Statement.
- Content will be consistent with our Acceptable Use Policy
- Many people are involved in ensuring myhamilton has quality content. For more information about myhamilton and our partners please go to the about myhamilton page. If you notice content on the site that is inaccurate, incomplete or has errors we encourage you to advise the contact us.
- We make as much information on myhamilton available to everyone without requiring an account be created, however, if you want to contribute content to the site, such as submitting events, you need to first create a free personal account.
If you are a Hamilton area business you should be listed in our site. Our site Search integrates with the Hamilton Business Directory , so please ensure you are listed in that source and your information is up-to-date. If you are not listed you can do so by completing the Add a Business form. To update your information locate your business in the directory then select " Suggest an Update ".
Community Organizations & Non-Profits
If you are an organization serving the Hamilton area you should be listed in the Inform Hamilton Database . Our site search integrates with Inform so please ensure that you are listed and that your information is up to date. If you are not listed please complete the Suggest a New Record form. If you are already listed, to update your information locate your organization in the directory then select " Suggest an Update ".
Use of Images and Logos
The use of different organizational logos of Hamilton organizations on the site will be restricted to context appropriate areas where the site is linking to events or other information sponsored by that organization. We request organizations submit their logos for use on the site. Conditions for use:
- Logos will be used by myhamilton to highlight events or to link to information about the organization
- myhamilton agrees to remove or replace the Logo at the request of the organization within 5 business days of receiving that request.
- Please note that any images submitted must be 200 by 200 pixels in JPEG or GIF format.
Does your organization have an event that you want the community to be aware of? We encourage submissions for our Events calendar. Here are a few points you need to be aware of:
- The events calendar focuses on events happening in the communities that makeup the City of Hamilton. Events outside this area will only be listed when they are of direct relevance to Hamilton residents.
- All public submissions are reviewed by staff from one of our partner agencies.
- Events must be consistent with our Acceptable Use Policy
Steps to Submit an Event
1. Get a Free Personal Account
(Done Once) We make as much information as possible accessible without a login, however, we do require users get an account to submit content. This enables us to contact you if there is a question about the submission. View a tutorial on how to get an account.
2. Complete the Submit an Event Form
Most submissions will be reviewed within a few days.
- Provide as much detail as you can
- Complete the address information carefully so a "MAPIT" button works on your page
- You can submit an image with your event, if you do, please resize the image to 200x200 JPG or GIF. It is critical that the image is square or it will not view correctly.
3. Staff will Approve the Event
We have several partner agencies working together to do this. Most events will be approved within a few days. The person named as contact for the event will automatically get an email that the event has been approved or denied. If further changes are made later then automatic notification will also be sent.