Celebrating the 40th anniversary of the twinning of Hamilton with Fukuyama, Japan
The City of Hamilton's Mundialization Committee is a group of volunteers that promotes Hamilton as city dedicated to global awareness, international cooperation and world law. They undertake twinning programs with other cities and foster an understanding of the increasing interdependence of municipalities, people and countries of the world.
The City and the Hamilton Mundialization Committee are pleased to announce the 2015 photo competition to celebrate the Hamilton and its 10 twin cities:
- Shawinigan, Quebec
- Mangalore, India
- Kaga, Japan
- Fukuyama, Japan
- Racalmuto, Italy
- Valle Peligna, Italy
- Ma’anshan, China
- Flint, Michigan
- Sarasota, Florida
- Monterrey, Mexico
2015 Photo contest
The theme of this year's photo competition, “Hands Around the World”, reflects the spirit of harmony and international goodwill promoted by the Hamilton Mundialization Committee.
- All photos must be submitted digitally and must have been taken by a resident of Hamilton or one of its twin cities, in any one of the 11 names municipalities, during the year 2015.
- The date of the photograph is to be confirmed by the metadata included with the file submitted.
- A maximum of one entry per category will be accepted from each entrant.
Entries may be submitted in the following categories:
Create original work using any one or combinations of visual symbols or representations of peace.
Capture the essence of one of the cities so people will want to learn more and visit.
Showcase people of these cities, exhibiting the essence of friendship and cultural understanding.
An independent judging panel comprised of local photographic professions and community members will review the photographs based on technical quality, artistic composition, texture and light and overall representation of the theme.
- An overall winner will be awarded the grand prize of $500.
- Additional prizes in the amount of $100 each will be awarded in the other categories (2), as well as an optional prize (1) for a municipality, if warranted in the opinion of the judges.
- The winners will be announced at the conclusion of judging.
- The deadline for receipt of entries is Friday, October 16, 2015 at 4:30 pm (EDT).
How to enter
In-person drop off at City Hall, 71 Main Street West, Hamilton
- Entries are due by 4:30 pm Eastern Daylight Time on October 15, 2015.
- Digital photo files must be formatted as 72 dpi JPEGs (medium quality) at no more that 1024 x 768 pixels for landscape, or 768 x 1024 pixels for verticals.
- Each image must have a caption and may be submitted with a summary of the main idea of the photo of no more than 25 words.
- Only JPEG or GIF file format will be accepted with a maximum file size of 4 MB each.
- This photo competition is open only to residents of Hamilton, Ontario and our 10 twin cities.
- All photos must be taken in the cities of Hamilton or one of our 10 twin cities.
- Each applicant can submit only one photo per category.
- Photos must be in JPEG or GIF format.
- If submitting by online submission form, photos will be included with all details marked as mandatory.
- Each submission must be from an individual. Collaborative applications are not accepted.
- Winners will be notified either by mail, telephone or by email.
- Prizes will be provided by mail or other delivery, at the discretion of the Mundialization Committee of the City of Hamilton.
- Members of the Executive of the Mundialization Committee, judges and their immediate family members and employees of the City are not permitted to participate in this competition.
- Unacceptable Photos:
- inappropriate photos – offensive materials will not be accepted
- photos not sent to the correct email address or correct mailing address
- photos not submitted in JPEG or GIF format
- photos missing the mandatory submission form or mandatory information
- photos missing photo name
- All entries must be free of claims and rights of third parties.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Decision of the judges is final. The judges reserve the right not to make an award in any category, should the quality of entrants be insufficient.
Each submission grants to the Hamilton Mundialization Committee and the City of Hamilton, a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free license to copy, publish, distribute and display, in any medium and in any publication, venue or program sponsored or authorized by the Hamilton Mundialization Committee for the advancement of its mission and goals, any and all photographs submitted. This license includes rights to edit, reproduce and post on the City or the Committee’s website. Each applicant warrants and represents that every photograph submitted with each applicant's submission is his/her own original work and that he/she has the unrestricted right to grant to Hamilton Mundialization Committee and the City of Hamilton the license described in this paragraph.
If you have any questions regarding these rules or the competition:
- Date modified: