Family Day Monday, February 15 - What's Open & What's Closed
All City of Hamilton administrative offices will be closed on Family Day, Monday, February 15
- For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems, public health and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Green Cart, Recycling and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste, yard waste, or garbage pick-up on Monday, February 15.
- Your pick-up will be one day later if it falls on or after the holiday.
- Waste must be at the curb by 7 am.
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed on Monday, February 15.
HSR Bus Schedules
- The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday schedule on Monday, February 15.
- Call HSR information at 905-527-4441 for more details.
- DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Monday, February 15.
- All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Monday, February 15.
- If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so.
ATS customer service will be closed on Monday, February 15.
- Visit the Family Day Recreation Schedule for a list of activities offered on Monday, February 15.
- Family Day Skates on Monday, February 15.
Hamilton Civic Museums
- Dundurn National Historic Site, Whitehern Historic House & Garden, Battlefield House Museum & Park, Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology will all be open on Family Day from 12 noon to 4 pm.
- The Children’s Museum will also be open from 11 am to 4 pm.
- Hamilton Civic Museums will present special Family Day programming.
- Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum and Griffin House will be closed.
Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre
- Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre (Lister Building, 28 James St. N) will be closed on Monday, February 15.
- Details: www.tourismhamilton.com/visitor-services
Hamilton Farmers' Market
The Farmers' Market hours are as follows:
- Saturday, February 13 - 7 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, February 14 - Closed
- Monday, February 15 - Closed
- Tuesday, February 16 - 8 am to 6 pm
Hamilton Public Library
- All Hamilton Public Library locations, except Central Library and Turner Park Branch, will be closed on Monday, February 15 for the Family Day holiday.
- Central Library and Turner Park Branch will be open from 1 to 5 pm, offering regular library services plus a range of family-friendly programs.
- Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, February 16 for all library locations. Please visit www.hpl.ca for more information.
Public Health Services
For Public Health matters concerning:
- Reports of suspected reportable diseases and food poisoning, call 905-546-2063
- Reports of environmental spills, fires or other events that may be a health hazard or safety issue, call 905-546-2489
- Reports of rabies animal exposures, call 905-546-2489
- Safe Water Program issues that may be a health hazard, call 905-546-2489 or visit www.hamilton.ca/safewater
- All Ontario Works offices will be closed on Monday, February 15, and will reopen Tuesday, February 16 at 8:30 am.
- The Employment Resource Centre located at 181 Main St. West (Career Development Centre) will be closed on Monday, February 15. It will be open to assist you with any employment service needs on Tuesday, February 16 at 8:30 am.
- The Animal Services Shelter will be closed on Sunday, February 14 and Monday, February 15.
- For 24-hour Animal Services emergency issues, please call: 905-574-3433 or visit www.hamilton.ca/animalservices
Property Tax Payments
- During the holiday, you may submit your property tax payment into a drop box at the rear doors of City Hall, 71 Main Street West or at one of our Municipal Service Centres.
- All Municipal Service Centres will be closed on Monday, February 15, and will reopen on Tuesday, February 16. Please note that the deadline for the first installment of the 2016 interim tax bills, for those not paying through a monthly pre-authorized payment plan or through their mortgage company, is on February 29, 2016.
Municipal Service Centre locations:
Payments may also be made anytime by mail to:
The City of Hamilton
c/o Tax Department
71 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
- The Parking Office at 80 Main Street West will be closed Monday, Februrary 15.
- Online payments can be made at: www.hamilton.ca/pay-your-ticket
Payment of parking violations can be made by mail to the pre-printed address indicated on the parking tag or dropped off into the drop box at the nearest Municipal Service Centre or Taxation Division (noted above). The Hamilton Municipal Parking System office at 80 Main St. West, at Summers Lane, also accepts payments for parking violations at its drop box.