Effective December 31, 2017
4 - Bayfront (Weekday)
Minor schedule changes for better connections and schedule adherence.
10 - B Line, 55 Stoney Creek Central & 58 Stoney Creek Local (weekday)
Please note that there has been a few interlining changes between these routes on the trips listed below. At Eastgate Square, you will need to get off the 10 B Line and transfer to the 55 Stoney Creek Central or 58 Stoney Creek Local bus.
- 10 B Line - 5:35 pm and 7:45 pm weekday eastbound trips arriving at Eastgate Square will no longer be interlined with the 55 Stoney Creek Central
- 10 B Line - 7:30 pm weekday eastbound trips arriving at Eastgate Square will no longer be interlined with the 55 Stoney Creek Central
MacNab Terminal Seasonal Hours
Winter - December 1 to March 31
Monday to Saturday 6 am to 1:30 am
Sunday and Holidays 6 am to 12 midnight
College and university student passes, photo ID cards and more helpful information!
The following colleges and universities offer bus passes to students. The passes are included in their student fees. The pass entitles the holder to unlimited travel during a specified time.
- McMaster University
- Redeemer University College
- Mohawk College
McMaster University and Redeemer University College students
New for September! Eligible McMaster undergraduate and graduate students and Redeemer University College students will receive their 2017/2018 HSR U-Pass pre-loaded on a PRESTO card.
McMaster students must tap their PRESTO card on the Fare Payment Device located just inside the front door of the bus, AND show their Student ID card to the bus operator.
Mohawk College students
Mohawk students must show their Mohawk College Student Photo ID Card with the applicable HSR validation sticker to the operator when they board. Students will receive their validation sticker at time of registration.
Attention College and University Students
- You are not entitled to use secondary/elementary student fares. If you are not eligible for the special college/university passes mentioned above, you must pay ADULT fare.
- If there are any issues with your student ID cards, HSR U-Pass PRESTO card or validation stickers, please see your student information centre on campus.
- Are you new to Hamilton or to using our HSR Services? If so, find out about our routes and schedules:
- Online: hamilton.ca/hsr
- Or call an HSR Information Clerk at 905.527.4441
Did you know...
- Routes 20 - A LINE, 21 - UPPER KENILWORTH, 33 - SANATORIUM and 35 - COLLEGE all travel to and from Mohawk College Fennell Campus?
- Redeemer University College is serviced by the 44 - RYMAL route?
- Students at McMaster University have four routes that are within walking distance from campus to get you to downtown Hamilton, Dundas or Ancaster? They are:
- 1A - KING
- 5 - DELAWARE (including 5A, 5C, 5E and 52)
- 10 - B LINE
- 51- UNIVERSITY
Cameras on the HSR
The HSR takes the safety and security of our staff, our customers and our equipment seriously. The cameras on board all HSR buses provide an increased level of security for all those on board. While there is no real-time monitoring of the video, customers can advise their bus operator of any incidents so the footage can be flagged for review. Footage is saved for 72 hours.
HSR Fare Structure September 1st, 2017
(Adult, Student, Senior) - $3.00
Paper Ticket or PRESTO - $2.30
Paper/PRESTO Monthly Pass - $101.20
Paper Ticket or PRESTO - $1.90
Paper/PRESTO Monthly Pass - $83.60
Senior (persons age 65+, PRESTO Only)
PRESTO Single Ride - $1.90
PRESTO Monthly Pass - $26.50
PRESTO Senior Annual Pass - $265.00
Day Pass - $13.80
Unlimited travel on all regularly scheduled routes for a maximum of 6 people with a maximum of two adults for that day.
A 50 cent Trans-Cab premium is charged in addition to the HSR fare.
HSR Customers can continue using their current HSR tickets that expire on August 31st, 2017 until further notice.
*A Student is a person between the ages of 5 and 19 and who attends an Elementary or Secondary school in the City of Hamilton. All Secondary students must present their HSR Photo ID when using Student fare.
HSR Customer Service Line
Recommendations, complaints or requests?
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
HSR Information Line
Find out about bus routes, a bus check number or speak to an information clerk
Hours: 7:30 am to 8 pm, 7 days per week
Christmas Day Service Hours 9 am to 5 pm
Follow us on Twitter
@HSR is the official Twitter account for Hamilton Street Railway providing service advisories, news and customer service. Monitored Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. Follow us today!