HSR summer schedules effective June 25, 2017
On weekdays, these routes will operate on a summer schedule from June 25 to September 2:
- Route 3 - CANNON schedule and route map (PDF, 291 KB)
- Route 4 - BAYFRONT schedule and route map (PDF, 344 KB)
- Route 6 - ABERDEEN schedule and route map (PDF, 340 KB)
- Route 21 - UPPER KENILWORTH schedule and route map (PDF, 475 KB)
- Route 22 - UPPER OTTAWA schedule and route map (PDF, 428 KB)
- Route 23 -UPPER GAGE schedule and route map (PDF, 349 KB)
- Route 24 - UPPER SHERMAN schedule and route map (PDF, 360 KB)
- Route 27 - UPPER JAMES schedule and route map (PDF, 375 KB)
- Route 33 - SANATORIUM schedule and route map (PDF, 340 KB)
- Route 34 - UPPER PARADISE schedule and route map (PDF, 395 KB)
- Route 35 - COLLEGE schedule and route map (PDF, 368 KB)
- Route 41 - MOHAWK schedule and route map (PDF, 588 KB)
- Route 99 - WATERFRONT SHUTTLE schedule and route map (PDF, 998 KB)
Effective June 25, 2017
- Route 18 - WATERDOWN (Weekday) has been revised during the peak periods to connect better with GO Trains in the peak direction (Eastbound to Toronto in the morning and Westbound from Toronto in the afternoon).
- Route 51 - UNIVERSITY route does not operate during the summer months. It will resume on September 5t, 2017.
- Route 56 - CENTENNIAL (Weekday, Saturday & Sunday/Holiday) route and schedule will be adjusted to incorporate travel to and from the Wave Action Pool at Confederation Park during their summer season.
HSR Waterfront Shuttle
Route 99 - WATERFRONT SHUTTLE will operate daily, between 10 am and 9 pm, from Sunday June 25 to Monday September 4, 2017.
Canada Day & Tall Ships Canada 150 events
Hours for the Route 99 Waterfront Shuttle will be extended on Friday, June 30 and Saturday July 1 for the Canada 150 events. Operating one hour earlier and finishing three hours later than normal schedule.
Additional Tall Ship and Canada Day Shuttles will operate on Saturday July 1, bringing customers from downtown (James/King) to Bayfront Park, Pier 8 and Pier 4 throughout the day and evening. Parking shuttles will pick up customers along a route; stopping at Bayfront Park, Eastwood Park, Pier 8, Pier 4, James North GO Station and then back to Bayfront Park allowing customers to access all events taking place in the area.
All HSR Shuttle Service will be free of charge.
Priority and Courtesy Seating
Priority seating areas are for those with a disability or a visible need for that seat. Courtesy seating is usually for a customer carrying a child, an
expectant mother or customer carrying a bulky item.
Priority and Courtesy Seating areas are not guaranteed but should be reserved for those in need. An HSR employee may request that an occupied seat be vacated for a customer described above.
Summer Youth Pass
The Summer Youth Pass is offered on PRESTO only. This pass is for elementary and secondary school students.
Passes will be available to load after June 17 (until July 14) and are valid from July 1 to August 31, 2017. The cost of the pass is $83.60 for the summer - that’s a savings of $83.60! If you don’t already have a PRESTO card, there is an initial $6 fee.
Students must present a valid photo ID card when boarding any bus when paying with a student fare.
This pass is only available at these locations:
- HSR Customer Service Centre, 36 Hunter St. E. - Hamilton GO Centre
- Hamilton City Hall,71 Main St. W., Hamilton
- Dundas Municipal Service Centre, 60 Main St. E., Dundas
- or any local Fortinos store in Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Ancaster or Waterdown.
Visit www.prestocard.ca for more PRESTO related information.
Mountain Climber Pilot - James Mountain Road/West 5th Access
Beginning May 29th, the Mountain Climber Program was launched to provide free rides to cyclists up and down the escarpment on HSR buses. This is a pilot program, and is only available on Routes 20, 21, 33, and 35 and College extra buses crossing James Mountain Road/the West 5th Cut. Mountain Climbers are only allowed to participate if they board and leave the bus at the 4 designated Mountain Climber Stops, marked with new unique signage.
The four stops are James @ Markland to West 5th @Brantdale and West 5th @ Brantdale to St. Joseph’s @ James.
Racks are to be used on a first come basis. Please remove all loose objects from your bike. Make sure you securely engage the wheel lock. Tricycles, tandem, motorized bikes or bikes with large carriers or obstructing accessories are not allowed on the rack.
Ticket to Ride and Ticats Express Shuttles
The Hamilton Street Railway in partnership with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, allow fans to board HSR and DARTS vehicles for free with a valid game day ticket. The Ticket to Ride program is offered for all Tiger- Cats’ home games and is valid only on home game days, three hours prior to kick-off until end of service.
We also provide free Ticats Express shuttle service to Tim Hortons Field on home game days two hours before the official game time. Shuttles leave Lime Ridge Mall, Eastgate Square and University Plaza. Just park in the marked designated parking areas and hop onto the shuttle at these malls. The University Plaza buses will also stop to pick-up at Main & Emerson and Main & John. New for this year, these shuttles will take customers to the Stadium Concourse on the north side of Cannon Street. This change is to improve your overall game day experience.
After the game, customers will board Ticats Express shuttles at the same location at the Stadium Concourse. Buses destined to University Plaza will also stop at King & Hughson and Main & Emerson on request. DARTS clients will need to pre-book their trip.
HSR Customer Service Line
Recommendations, complaints or requests?
Hours: 8 am to 4 pm, 7 days per week
HSR Information Line
Find out about bus routes, a bus check number or speak to an information clerk
Hours: 7:30 am to 8 pm, 7 days per week
Follow us on Twitter
@HSR is the official Twitter account for Hamilton Street Railway providing service advisories, news and customer service. Monitored Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. Follow us today!