All City of Hamilton administrative offices will be closed on Monday, February 19
- For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems, public health and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Green Cart, Recycling and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste, yard waste, or garbage pick-up on Monday, February 19.
- Your pick-up will be one day later if it falls on or after the holiday.
- Waste must be at the curb by 7 am.
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed on Monday, February 19.
HSR Bus Schedules
- The HSR will be operating on Sunday/Holiday service hours on Monday, February 19.
- Call HSR information at 905-527-4441 or visit www.hamilton.ca/hsr for more details.
- DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Monday, February 19.
- All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Monday, October 10.
- If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so.
ATS customer service will be closed on Monday, February 19.
- Senior Centres will be on special modified hours. Please visit www.hamilton.ca/recreation55 for program times. Club 60, Dundas, Flamborough, Rosedale, Victoria Park, Warden Park and Winona Senior Clubs will be opened.
- Recreation Centres will be on modified hours and programs. Please visit www.hamilton.ca/recreation for program times.
- Arenas will be on modified hours and programs. Please visit www.hamilton.ca/recreation for program times.
Hamilton Civic Museums
- The following sites are open and offering special programming on Monday, February 19.
- Dundurn National Historic Site
- Whitehern Historic House & Garden
- Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology
- Battlefield House Museum & Park
- Hamilton Children’s Museum
Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum and Griffin House are closed on Monday, February 19.
Visit www.hamilton.ca/familydaymuseums for more information.
Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre
- Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre (Lister Building, 28 James St. N) will be closed on Monday, February 19.
- Details: www.tourismhamilton.com/visitor-services
Hamilton Farmers' Market
The Farmers' Market hours are as follows:
- Saturday, February 17, 7 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, February 18, Closed
- Monday, February 19, Closed
- Tuesday, February 20, 8 am to 6 pm
- Wednesday, February 21, Closed
- Thursday, February 22, 8 am to 6 pm
- Friday, February 23, 8 am to 6 pm
Hamilton Public Library
- All Hamilton Public Library locations, except Central Library and Turner Park Branch, will be closed on Monday, February 19 for the Family Day holiday.
- Central Library and Turner Park Branch will be open from 1 to 5 pm offering regular library services plus a range of family-friendly programs. Please visit www.hpl.ca for more information.
Public Health Services
For Public Health matters concerning:
- Reports of suspected reportable diseases and food poisoning, call 905-546-2063
- Reports of environmental spills, fires or other events that may be a health hazard or safety issue, call 905-546-2489
- Reports of rabies animal exposures, call 905-546-2489
- Safe Water Program issues that may be a health hazard, call 905-546-2489 or visit www.hamilton.ca/safewater
- All Ontario Works offices will be closed on Monday, February 19 and will re-open on Tuesday, February 20 at 8:30 am.
- The Career Development Centre located at 181 Main Street West, 3rd floor will be closed on Monday, February 19. It will reopen on Tuesday, February 20 at 8:30 am.
- The Animal Services Shelter will be Sunday, February 18 and Monday, February 19.
- For 24-hour Animal Services emergency issues, please call: 905-574-3433
Property Tax Payments
- During the holiday, you may submit your property tax payment into a drop box at the rear doors of City Hall, 71 Main Street West or at one of our Municipal Service Centres. Only cheque payments will be accepted in the drop box.
- All Municipal Service Centres will be closed on Monday, February 19 and will reopen on Tuesday, February 20.
- Tax payments can also be made online or through telebanking, set up through your financial institution.
Municipal Service Centre locations:
Payments may also be made anytime by mail to:
The City of Hamilton
c/o Tax Department
71 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
- The Parking Office at 80 Main Street West will be closed Monday, February 19.
- Online payments can be made at: www.hamilton.ca/pay-your-ticket
Payment of parking violations can be made by mail to the pre-printed address indicated on the parking tag or dropped off into the drop box at the nearest Municipal Service Centre or Taxation Division (noted above). The Hamilton Municipal Parking System office at 80 Main St. West, at Summers Lane, also accepts payments for parking violations at its drop box.