Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
Animal Services is always looking for donations that can help the animals in our shelter. Here are ways that you how you can help.
The City of Hamilton is registered as a qualified donee with the Canada Revenue Agency and can issue official donation receipts for:
- donations of $10 or more
- donations of new items with a receipt for a value of $10 or more
All donations will be used towards:
- Medical needs of animals that have been assessed and deemed appropriate for the adoption program and/or animal rescue organizations.
- Costs involved with the shelter enrichment program of animals assessed and deemed appropriate for the adoption program and/or animal rescue organizations.
- Costs involved with sending animals out of province that have been assessed and deemed appropriate for animal rescue organizations.
Follow us on Facebook to see where your donations are being spent this week!
Donations of other needed items
Donations of other needed items are also welcome such as:
- Blankets, towels, sheets and comforters
- Dryer sheets and laundry detergent
- Leashes, collars, Gentle Leaders and Halti collars
- Washable pet beds of all sizes
- Indestructible dog toys such as Kongs
- Washable cat toys and balls
- Unopened pet food, canned cat or dog food and prescription foods
- Cat formula such as KMR and kitten bottle feed items
- Catnip, catnip spray andFeliway spray
- Grooming supplies, clippers and blades
- Newspapers to line the cat modules
- Cat carriers, dog crates, bird cages, rabbit and rodent cages, aquariums, heat lamps and pumps.
Phone 905-574-3433 Ext. 4 , Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm before donating these items to ensure there is space.
Animal Services has also teamed up with Kuranda Beds to fundraise for beds for all the dogs and cats that come through our shelter. Day in and day out thousands of shelter animals sleep on cold, hard concrete floors, while cats seek a soft place to rest in their stainless steel cages.
But you can make a world of difference in a homeless pet’s life by donating a Kuranda bed.
- Date modified: