Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
Hamilton's Responsible Animal Ownership By-law No. 12-031 ensures the health and safety of residents, protects property and prevents public issues.
Highlights of the By-law
The Responsible Animal Ownership By-law talks about:
- Dog licensing
- Roaming animals or owned animals ‘at large’
- Cleaning up after your animal
- Designating potentially dangerous and dangerous dogs
- Prohibiting exotic animals
- Rural and urban regulations
- Pet limits- four domestic animals per house in urban areas
- Prohibiting urban chickens
- Where and how an animal may be housed to make sure it’s healthy and safe
Follow us on Facebook to see By-law education tips this week!
Zero Tolerance' dog license enforcement program
Hamilton has a Zero Tolerance dog licence enforcement program. Any person who owns, has custody of or keeps an unlicensed dog may be charged under the Provincial Offences Act. Fines start at $180 and go up to $10,000.
- Date modified: