In partnership with the Nikola Tesla Educational Corporation, we are thrilled to be hosting the third annual Tesla Electric Festival. This local event is part of a global movement celebrating the incredible technological achievements of Nikola Tesla. The festival is an all-ages gathering of commercial exhibitors, tech enthusiasts, hobbyists, science clubs, artists and students. This year’s festival is also a celebration of a key historical event that changed the course of history in Hamilton: the 120th anniversary of the first hydro-electric power transmission to the City from Decew Falls in Thorold - making it the first electric city in Canada.
This is a free event. Free admission to the museum.
The event will feature:
- demonstrations of products from across the spectrum of Tesla’s innovations with electricity and tech exhibitors
- musical entertainment and fun for the whole family
- a self-guided museum experience
- model engineering marvels and the popular miniature steam train rides, presented by the Hamilton Model Engineering Club and the Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers
- food trucks and vendors will also be on site