Are you organizing an event on City property? We're here to help.
General rentals are defined as private events with less than 100 people, such as:
- Birthday parties
- Sports activities
- Corporate functions
To rent a recreation facility, sports field or arena, visit www.hamilton.ca/recreationrentals
Community events are defined as events open to the public that have less than 1,000 people with event components, such as:
- Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Sound Amplification
- Inflatables (e.g. bouncy castles)
- Small tents (e.g. 10 ft. x 10 ft.)
If your event meets the above criteria, complete the Request Form.
Major events are defined as events open to the public that have more than 1,000 people and/or have any one of the following:
- Road closures
- Tents requiring permits (larger than 60m2)
- Temporary structures requiring permits (larger than 225m2)
- Open flame/ fire producing device
- Amusement rides / places of amusement
If your event will have any of the components listed above, complete a Festival & Event Approval Application.
Note: applications must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to your event date.
Special Events Advisory Team (S.E.A.T.)
- Date modified: