Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Enhanced Public Health Measures in Place
As of November 16, in accordance with Reopening Ontario Act, 2020, The City of Hamilton has moved to the “Control” – Red category within the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework and Hamilton Public Health Services is requiring all sports and recreational facilities put the following additional measures in place. These measures apply to all organized public events and social gatherings:
- Maximum of 10 people per facility in all combined facility spaces
- Maximum of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors
- Physical distancing must be maintained
- Non-essential travel from areas of high-transmission to areas of low transmission should be avoided
For more information, visit:the City of Hamilton’s Work Places and Public Places and Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 response framework: keeping Ontario safe and open.
Are you organizing an event on City property? We're here to help.
General rentals are defined as private events with less than 100 people, such as:
- Birthday parties
- Sports activities
- Corporate functions
To rent a recreation facility, sports field or arena, visit www.hamilton.ca/recreationrentals
Community events are defined as events open to the public that have less than 1,000 people with event components, such as:
- Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Sound Amplification
- Inflatables (e.g. bouncy castles)
- Small tents (e.g. 10 ft. x 10 ft.)
If your event meets the above criteria, complete the Request Form.
Major events are defined as events open to the public that have more than 1,000 people and/or have any one of the following:
- Road closures
- Tents requiring permits (larger than 60m2)
- Temporary structures requiring permits (larger than 225m2)
- Open flame/ fire producing device
- Amusement rides / places of amusement
If your event will have any of the components listed above, complete a Festival & Event Approval Application.
Note: applications must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to your event date.
Special Events Advisory Team (S.E.A.T.)
- Date modified: