Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Are you organizing an event on City property? We're here to help.
General rentals are defined as private events with less than 100 people, such as:
- Birthday parties
- Sports activities
- Corporate functions
To rent a recreation facility, sports field or arena, visit www.hamilton.ca/recreationrentals
Community events are defined as events open to the public that have less than 1,000 people with event components, such as:
- Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Sound Amplification
- Inflatables (e.g. bouncy castles)
- Small tents (e.g. 10 ft. x 10 ft.)
Major events are defined as events open to the public that have more than 1,000 people and/or have any one of the following:
- Road closures
- Tents requiring permits (larger than 60m2)
- Temporary structures requiring permits (larger than 225m2)
- Open flame/ fire producing device
- Amusement rides / places of amusement
Note: applications must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to your event date.
Special Events Advisory Team (S.E.A.T.)
- Date modified: