The Events Office facilitates requests for outdoor, public events on City property. Working with a team of City staff from various municipal divisions, they ensure that events have all the necessary permits, permissions and insurance in place and help to keep events healthy and safe for all concerned.
Applications are free but must be submitted at least 60 days in advance of your event start date. First time events should contact the Events Office before completing the application.
Is an application required?
If you answer yes to either of the 2 questions below you must submit a Festival and Event Approval Application.
- Are you are hosting an event on private property that has a significant impact on City services?
- Are you are hosting a public event that is BOTH outdoors on one of the below City of Hamilton properties AND includes at least one of the below event elements?
City Properties & Event Elements
City of Hamilton Properties
- City Hall Forecourt
- Parks and parkettes
- Roads / road allowances
- Tim Horton’s Field Plaza
- Municipal parking lots
- On-street metered parking spaces
- Walkways, pathways and trails
- Amplified live or recorded music
- Food sold or given to the general public
- Alcohol sale or service to the general public
- Pyrotechnics or fireworks
- Open fire/flame-producing device or appliance
- Tents (large) that require building permits (Refer to page 16 of the Application Guide)
- Stages (large) that require building permits (Refer to page 16 of the Application Guide)
- Amusement rides and inflatables
Submitting an Application
Please Note the 2020 Festival and Event Approval Application will be available later this year. If you would like to host an event in 2019, please contact the Events Office at [email protected].
All new and returning users please note that you are required to create a new account in order to login and submit a Festival and Event Approval Application, formerly known as the S.E.A.T. Application.
Before submitting your application, take some time to review the information in the Festival and Event Approval Application Guide.
The guide is designed to answer common questions, provide information relevant to your event, and help you complete your application. Download the 2019 Festival and Event Approval Application Guide (PDF, 164 KB).
Events Office, Tourism and Culture Division
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: