Canada has a long history as a nation. In that time, we have heard stories about the evolution of industry, settlement, and inclusivity, as well as human triumph and tragedy. These stories are woven deeply into the Canada we know and understand today. Now more than ever, Canada Day gives us the opportunity to come together to celebrate the diversity that unites us in Hamilton, while supporting truthful, reconciling, and inclusive dialogue about our history. During this time, it’s important to reflect and discuss what we want our future to look like as Canadians and acknowledge where we have more work to do to ensure a healthy, safe, and more inclusive place for all.
The City of Hamilton is pleased to offer a free family friendly event with children’s recreation and arts activities at Bayfront Park. The event will see a Food Truck Rally on-site with a selection of Ontario’s finest food trucks serving taters, chicken, tandoori, fish and chips, porchetta, ice cream, burgers and more! In addition, visitors can check out the Hamilton Sports Zone with members of Hamilton’s favourite sport teams on-site including the Hamilton Bulldogs, Forge FC, Toronto Rock and Hamilton Honey Badgers.
Date Friday, July 1, 2022
Location Bayfront Park, 200 Harbourfront Drive, Hamilton
Time 4 to 10:30 pm - Fireworks display to begin at 10 pm.
HSR & Parking
- Free HSR shuttles will run between Downtown and Bayfront Park.
- Parking at Bayfront Park is very limited. Some additional limited first come, first serve parking available at the West Harbour GO parking lots on Stuart Street.
- Additional municipal parking is available in the surrounding area. Visit www.hamilton.ca/ParkingLots.
- Street parking is not permitted in the restricted area without a resident parking pass
Free Canada Day HSR shuttles between Downtown and Bayfront Park
|King Opposite Summers Lane Depart||Bayfront Park Arrive||Bayfront Park Depart||James at Cannon||King Opposite Summer Lane Arrive|
|3:30 pm||3:38 pm||3:43 pm||3:50 pm||3:56 pm|
|3:45 pm||3:53 pm||3:58 pm||4:05 pm||4:11 pm|
|4:00 pm||4:08 pm||4:13 pm||4:20 pm||4:26 pm|
|4:15 pm||4:23 pm||4:28 pm||4:35 pm||4:41 pm|
|4:30 pm||4:38 pm||4:43 pm||4:50 pm||4:56 pm|
|4:45 pm||4:53 pm||4:58 pm||5:05 pm||5:11 pm|
|5:00 pm||5:08 pm||5:13 pm||5:20 pm||5:26 pm|
|5:15 pm||5:23 pm||5:28 pm||5:35 pm||5:41 pm|
|5:30 pm||5:38 pm||5:43 pm||5:50 pm||5:56 pm|
|5:45 pm||5:53 pm||5:58 pm||6:05 pm||6:11 pm|
|6:00 pm||6:08 pm||6:15 pm||6:22 pm||6:28 pm|
|6:12 pm||6:20 pm||6:27 pm||6:34 pm||6:40 pm|
|6:24 pm||6:32 pm||6:39 pm||6:46 pm||6:52 pm|
|6:36 pm||6:44 pm||6:51 pm||6:58 pm||7:04 pm|
|6:48 pm||6:56 pm||7:03 pm||7:10 pm||7:16 pm|
|7:00 pm||7:08 pm||7:15 pm||7:22 pm||7:28 pm|
|7:12 pm||7:20 pm||7:27 pm||7:34 pm||7:40 pm|
|7:24 pm||7:32 pm||7:39 pm||7:46 pm||7:52 pm|
|7:36 pm||7:44 pm||7:51 pm||7:58 pm||8:04 pm|
|7:48 pm||7:56 pm||8:03 pm||8:10 pm||8:16 pm|
|8:00 pm||8:08 pm||8:15 pm||8:22 pm||8:28 pm|
|8:12 pm||8:20 pm||8:27 pm||8:34 pm||8:40 pm|
|8:24 pm||8:32 pm||8:39 pm||8:46 pm||8:52|
|8:36 pm||8:44 pm||8:51 pm||8:58 pm||9:04 pm|
|8:48 pm||8:56 pm||9:03 pm||9:10 pm||16 pm|
After the fireworks
HSR will run frequent shuttle service carrying visitors from Bayfront Park back to downtown. If you’re traveling beyond downtown, you can connect to other HSR routes, fare payment will be required. With a PRESTO card for each family member, children 12 and under ride free and teens are half price. For more information about family-friendly fares on HSR and where to get your PRESTO cards, visit www.hamilton.ca/PRESTO.
- Certain sections of the bicycle path around Bayfront Park will be closed to the public from Thursday June 30 to Saturday July 2 for fireworks set-up.
- Hamilton Bike Share:
- Ride with Hamilton Bike Share! Beat the traffic and enjoy the Waterfront Trail by bike using the Hamilton Bike Share system, which has bikes available for one-way trips 24/7. Sign up for a pay as you go or monthly plan using the free Social Bicycles app or at hamiltonbikeshare.ca, where you can also find the system map and all available bikes displayed in live time.
- Extensive bike share parking will be available at the Bay and Strachan Hub (top of Bayfront Park), Bayfront Park Hub (near boat launch) and Pier 4 Hub, as well as additional hubs at Pier 8, Bay at Macaulay, and James at Guise.
- Dedicated bike routes include:
- Multi-use paths along Strachan and Guise to entrances to Bayfront Park and Pier 8
- Bike lanes along Bay St and John St
- Waterfront Trail to access Bayfront Park from West Hamilton (via Princess Point)
- No sparklers or personal fireworks will be permitted on-site.
- A water station will be on-site. Please bring your refillable water bottles.
- Pier 4 Park is a great place to watch the fireworks and enjoy the Tugboat Playground and Lookout Pier. No additional Canada Day programming will occur at Pier 4.
- While pets are permitted at the event, it is important to remember pets are more sensitive to loud noises, flashing lights and strong smells. If you're unable to leave your pet at home during the fireworks display, ensure they are leashed and under your direct control at all times.
Hamilton Sports Zone
- A Salt 'N' Battered
- Crazy Cravings Ice Cream
- Curbside Foods
- Festival Fun Food
- Get Your Own Taters
- Heavenly Dreams Ice Cream
- Kool Jim's Ice Cream
- Ollie's Coffee Cart
- The Dirty South
- The Flyin G'nosh
- The Salted Pig
- Twisted Tomato
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Canada Day Activity Kit
Canadian Heritage has put together Canada Day activity kits. Browse through the categories and chose activities to create memorable moments.
Family fireworks for personal use on private property are allowed without a permit on Canada Day and/or the two days immediately before or following the holiday, in accordance with the Fireworks By-law. Setting off fireworks on or over roadways or in parks is not permitted and may be subject to a fine.
Support the Canadian Red Cross
Every three hours, the Canadian Red Cross (CRC) responds to a call for help in Canada. From conflict zones to communities affected by devastating disasters or health emergencies, the CRC uses this fund to respond to the needs of vulnerable communities within Canada and around the world. Without this fund, the CRC would also not be able to launch its various appeals (e.g., for Ukraine, Palestine, and Yemen). If you would like to sponsor us, volunteer two hours of your time at our booth on Canada Day, provide a service or product to raffle off, or get otherwise involved please reach out to Joanna Sulzycki at [email protected].
- Date modified: