Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
A Toast to the Past
Step over the threshold of Battlefield House Museum and Park to go back in time. A costumed interpreter will guide you through this early 19th century home, complete with period furniture and décor. Enjoy a visit to Kittling Ridge Winery for a guided tour of the wine and spirit-making cellars followed by a tutored tasting and some time to browse the gift shop. Visit Puddicombe Estate Farms and Winery, a 208-year-old family-run farm and take a guided tour and taste three quality wines. Enjoy a famous country lunch at Puddicombe Farms. Puddicombe Farms organizes this tour.
Duration: 4.5 hours
To book, contact:
Freedom, Love, Tragedy and Ruins - An Historical Journey
From hilltop vistas to shady dells, the Ancaster region of the Dundas Valley offers a landscape rich with history. With its woodland and waterfalls, the area attracted early settlers seeking sites for mills and property. Explore fascinating historic sites, each with its own unique story.
- "Follow the north star" to the Griffin House, where Enerals Griffin escaped from slavery to find freedom and a farm in the early 1800's. Set on a hilltop, this wooden clapboard house has a breathtaking view and a story of strength and determination.
- A short jaunt up the road will find you at Woodend, the charming and elegant former home of Ancaster's first reeve. Within its four walls it holds a dark secret - the murder of its owner in 1891.
- Travel further along Mineral Springs Road to The Hermitage, once a magnificent estate, now existing only in ruins. Stories of love and tragedy haunt the site.
- Finally, discover Fieldcote Memorial Park and Museum, the cultural heritage centre of Ancaster. The centre is set among seven and a half acres of woodland and award-winning gardens. Explore the grounds or visit the latest exhibit or gift shop.
Available: May to mid-October
Duration: 5 hours
To book, contact:
The Hamilton Farmers' Market
A stop at the Hamilton Farmers Market is the perfect addition to your day trip. A personal on-board welcome is done for all pre-booked tour groups with a gift for the tour escort, an excellent raffle item for the trip home.
Group Tour Policies
- To qualify for a group rate for day trip packages, you need a minimum of 15 people, unless otherwise specified.
- To qualify for the evening group rate at Dundurn Castle, you need a minimum of 30 people.
- Numbers will be confirmed four days prior to arrival.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Prices are quoted in Canadian currency and include all applicable taxes and gratuities.
- Fair exchange is always given on U.S. currency.
- A credit card application must be received and accepted prior to having invoicing privileges.
- Our group tour department will call four days prior to arrival to confirm the guaranteed number of passengers.
Day Trip Packages:
- Our group tour department will call four days prior to arrival to confirm the guaranteed number of passengers and their entrée selections (if applicable).
- If the numbers change after confirmation, we will charge for the number confirmed or the actual number arriving, whichever is greater.
- One complimentary admission and meal (if dining on site) will be provided for every 20 paid persons.
- Applicable to group leader or professional escort/driver only.
- Date modified: