In the 19th century servants were employed in large homes like Dundurn to do a variety of tasks such as washing, dusting, polishing and cooking. Assisted by Dundurn’s Cook Demonstrators, guests will work together to make a traditional recipe in our historic kitchen. Visitors will also have the opportunity to explore with costumed staff over 40 rooms and discover the history of the MacNab family and the servants who lived and worked below stairs to support their affluent lifestyle.
Cost: $35 per person
Time: 2 hours
TICO Certified Tour Operators: $30.00 per person
The Heights: A War of 1812 Tour of Dundurn National Historic Site
Dundurn Castle is built on the history of the War of 1812. Burlington Heights, where the Castle now stands, was occupied by the British military from 1813 until 1815. Your journey will begin at The Hamilton Military Museum to uncover the history surrounding the property. Discover evidence of military fortifications as the tour takes you outdoors through key areas in Dundurn Park including the rarely see Cock Pit building. The guided tour concludes with a look inside Dundurn Castle focusing on the 1812 architectural features that Sir Allan MacNab later incorporated into his well-known home.
*This tour contains outdoor components; please come dressed for the weather and prepared for walking on uneven terrain.
Cost: $30 per person
TICO Certified Tour Operators: $25 per person
A Toast to the Past
Step over the threshold of Battlefield House Museum and Park to go back in time. A costumed interpreter will guide you through this early 19th century home, complete with period furniture and décor. Enjoy a visit to Kittling Ridge Winery for a guided tour of the wine and spirit-making cellars followed by a tutored tasting and some time to browse the gift shop. Visit Puddicombe Estate Farms and Winery, a 208-year-old family-run farm and take a guided tour and taste three quality wines. Enjoy a famous country lunch at Puddicombe Farms. Puddicombe Farms organizes this tour.
Duration: 4.5 hours
To book, contact:
The Hamilton Farmers' Market
A stop at the Hamilton Farmers Market is the perfect addition to your day trip. A personal on-board welcome is done for all pre-booked tour groups with a gift for the tour escort, an excellent raffle item for the trip home.
Group Tour Policies
- To qualify for a group rate for day trip packages, you need a minimum of 15 people, unless otherwise specified.
- To qualify for the evening group rate at Dundurn Castle, you need a minimum of 30 people.
- Numbers will be confirmed four days prior to arrival.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Prices are quoted in Canadian currency and include all applicable taxes and gratuities.
- Fair exchange is always given on U.S. currency.
- A credit card application must be received and accepted prior to having invoicing privileges.
- Our group tour department will call four days prior to arrival to confirm the guaranteed number of passengers.
Day Trip Packages:
- Our group tour department will call four days prior to arrival to confirm the guaranteed number of passengers and their entrée selections (if applicable).
- If the numbers change after confirmation, we will charge for the number confirmed or the actual number arriving, whichever is greater.
- One complimentary admission and meal (if dining on site) will be provided for every 20 paid persons.
- Applicable to group leader or professional escort/driver only.
- Date modified: