Battlefield House Museum and Park, National Historic Site presents the annual Re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney Creek. Discover Canadian heritage and re-live firsthand the thrill and pageantry of the battle that was a turning point of the War of 1812.
History In Action Day
Annual education day for Students
Thursday May 30, 2019 from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Re-enactors Trading Post
Located at the rear of the Nash Jackson Building on Saturday and Sunday
Saturday June 1, 2019 - 10 am to 9:30 pm
Sunday June 2, 2019 - 10 am to 4:30 pm
The following will be provided for the weekend:
- A bag lunch on Thursday, May 30 for those who participate in History in Action Day
- A BBQ lunch on Friday, May 31 for those who participated at History in Action Day
- Ticket for one meal on either Saturday or Sunday, for those who have pre-registered.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning, for those who have pre-registered.
- Firewood & fire pit trays
- Water connections on site
- Overnight security Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Re-enactors may set up in Battlefield Park during the following times only:
- Wednesday, May 29, after 12 noon.
- Thursday, May 30, from 7 am to 8:30 am and after 2:30 pm
- No set-up will be allowed between 9 am and 2:30 pm on Thursday, when over 1,000 students will be on-site for History in Action Day. All vehicles and trailers must be removed from Battlefield Park by 8:30 am or else they will be tagged and towed at the owner's expense.
- Friday, May 31, after 10 am
- Saturday, June 1, before 8:30 am
- All vehicles and trailers must be removed from Battlefield Park by 8:30 am on Saturday, or they will be tagged and towed at the owner's expense.
You may begin moving out as soon as the event closes at 4:30 pm on Sunday. Vehicles will not be permitted on-site until this time.
Trading Post Information
Reenactors' Consignment Event without the fee! Sell your outgrown or no longer used kit or camp equipment and/or pick up some second-hand bargains! **No tentage or weapons**
Location Nash-Jackson House (at the back)
Friday 7:30 pm until dark
Saturday 9 am
Saturday 9:30 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 5 pm
Sunday 9:30 am to 12 noon
Sunday 3 pm to 4 pm
Maps, Parking and Directions
Battlefield is located at 77 King Street West, Stoney Creek, Ontario Canada, about an hour from the United States border in Niagara Falls or an hour from Toronto. We are within 15 to 45 minutes of most vintners and vineyards in the Niagara Wine Region.
There is absolutely NO parking on-site during the Re-enactment event. FREE parking and a FREE shuttle runs on the Saturday from 10am to 10pm and Sunday from 10am until 5pm. The shuttle is accessible and the event's outdoor activities are fully accessible. Parking is available at the following location:
Off-site parking is located at Green Acres School 45 Randall Ave, Stoney Creek
Print Battlefield Re-enacment sitemap (PDF 3.1 MB)
- Date modified: