On Friday April 27, 2018 Mayor Fred Eisenberger hosted the official lighting ceremony for the HAMILTON sign. This sign was fully funded by generous sponsors, and fabricated by local Dundas business Hamilton Scenic Specialty Inc.
In addition to bringing some “life and colour” to the forecourt, we have witnessed the sign’s popularity for residents and tourists alike. Since its debut, social media has been flooded with selfies and pictures using the hashtag #HamOntSign.
It may have taken a few years to come to fruition, and it was worth it. The HAMILTON sign is a gift to the City of Hamilton in recognition of Canada 150 from the following donors:
- AIM Environmental Group Inc.
- ArcelorMittal Dofasco
- Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Fengate Assets Investments
- The McKeil Family
- Valeri Construction Ltd.
- Vrancor Group
- Losani Homes
- Carmen’s Group
- PJ & Joe Mercanti
- The Mercanti Family
- Sam & Roma, Peter & Gabriella, Ian & Lisa Mercanti-Ladd
- Roxborough Park Development Legacy Project
- Sergio Manchia Urbancore Developments,
- Nick Carnicelli Carriage Gate Homes & David Horwood Effort Trust
- Date modified: