Each year the Hamilton Municipal Heritage Committee presents the HMHC Heritage Recognition Awards.
Founded in 2007, these awards celebrate the significant contributions of property owners, educators, developers and volunteers in the conservation of Hamilton’s heritage.
The Hamilton Municipal Heritage Committee makes a formal presentation to the award winners at their annual Heritage Recognition Awards Celebration in June.
- Properties must be located in the City of Hamilton.
- Properties must be considered to have cultural heritage value or interest, but are not required to be listed on the Inventory, on the Municipal Heritage Register or designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
- All property uses are eligible (residential, commercial, institutional, private, public, etc.)
- When applicable, a renting or leasing tenant of a heritage property and / or a project team is also eligible or can be named as a co-recipient along with the property owner. The Hamilton Municipal Heritage Committee tries to recognize all known parties related to the property’s successful conservation.
- Active members of the Hamilton Municipal Heritage Committee and all related committees and working groups are not eligible for award nomination, including the Heritage Permit Review Subcommittee, the Cross-Melville Heritage Conservation District Advisory Committee, the Inventory and Research Working Group, the Education Work Group and the Policy and Design Working Group.
For more information or a copy of the Terms of Reference for the HMHC Heritage Recognition Awards, contact:
Hamilton Municipal Heritage Committee
Attn: Loren Kolar, Legislative Coordinator
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2604
- Date modified: