The Hamilton Municipal Senior Service Awards honour senior citizens who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to enrich the social, cultural or civic life of our community.
Submit a 2017 nomination
You can now submit a nomination using the online nomination form.
The nomination deadline is March 31, 2017 at 4 pm.
Hard copy nominations forms are available at select recreation centres or by contacting email@example.com.
The Awards Gala is taking place on June 13, 2017 at Michelangelo's.
To be eligible for a Senior Award, the senior must meet the following criteria:
- Be 65 years or older
- Has contributed to the enrichment of the social, cultural or civic life of the Hamilton community
- Has made this commitment without thought of personal or financial gain
- Is not a previous recipient of the award
- Provided the special work or service during/ after the age of 65 (Lifetime Achievement Award excluded)
- Has resided within the City of Hamilton for at least five years prior to nomination
- Must be a current resident of the City of Hamilton
2016 Award Winners
Winners were recognized for their outstanding volunteer contributions to the community at the 21st Annual Senior of the Year Awards in June. See a full description of the 2016 winners
- Date modified: