The Hamilton Trillium Awards program is made possible thanks to our wonderful volunteers who contribute their personal time to judge properties. We are looking for people who love to garden and want to contribute to their community.
Volunteer Judge Registration
Volunteer Judge Requirements
- An appreciation for horticulture and gardening
- Some free time during the months of June, July and August to view and judge gardens
- Ability to receive and understand a judges training outline
Judges must register every year
Volunteer Judges Tool Box
The Trillium Award Volunteer Judges Tool Box is created to offer some of the resources that you require. If you require copies, feel free to print from the pdf in the tool box.
- Trillium Awards Nominations and Judge Recruitment Poster (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Trillium Awards Judging Toolkit (PDF, 239 KB)
- Trillium Awards Social Media Posts Toolkit (PDF, 3 MB)
Training documents, outlines and assignments will be delivered virtually. Judges will be trained and provided a list of nominated gardens in a ward to judge and score in person. Judges will submit their scores online which will be tabulated for all nominations in each ward. The 20 highest scores within each ward will receive a White Trillium Award. Judges, Ward Coaches and Committee Members should plan to attend the Trillium Judges Launch meeting in June.
- April 1 Judges Registration and Nominations forms open
- June 15 Judges Registration and Nominations forms close
- June 23 Trillium Judges Launch / Meet and Greet
- June 24 to July 8 White Trillium Judging
- July 18 Pink Judging / Trillium Ward Coaches Launch
- July 18 to August 2 White Awards Delivered & Pink Trillium Judging
- August 8 to August 12 Pink Trillium Photos
- August 19 to August 26 Red Trillium Judging
- August 31 Red Judges Panel
- September Winners Announced
- October Event Celebration
Committee Member Recruitment
We’re looking for New Committee Members. There are new and exciting committee positions, roles and responsibilities. Review the committee position descriptions. If you are interested in applying to be a committee member, email your resume or letter of interest, with your name and contact information to [email protected].
The Trillium Committee
Email [email protected]
- Date modified: