The program is brought to you by the City of Hamilton through the work of the Trillium Awards Executive Committee. The Trillium Awards program promotes community pride by recognizing residents who, by landscaping and maintaining their property, contribute to a more attractive neighbourhood and community.
New for 2019, the Trillium Committee is introducing a nomination process. Do you know of a property that deserves to be recognized? Learn how you can nominate a property.
Trillium Award Categories
White Trillium Award
The White Trillium Award is for single family residential properties across the City. There are 20 White Trillium Awards presented in each Ward.
- Judging takes place after the Judges Workshop in mid-June
- All residential properties in Hamilton are eligible to be nominated. Self-nominations are allowed.
- Nominated properties in each ward will be judged and scored. The 20 highest scored properties will be awarded a White Trillium Award.
- White Trillium Award properties will be eligible for consideration of a Pink Trillium Award.
Pink Trillium Award
The Pink Trillium Award is presented to one winner in each ward.
- Each of the White Trillium Award recipients in each ward will be considered for the Pink Trillium Award.
- Judging takes place in the weeks following the White Trillium Award judging (usually in mid-late July or early August).
- Judging is carried out by experienced Pink Trillium judges.
Red Trillium Award
One Red Trillium Award is given for the entire city of Hamilton.
- Judging takes place between the mid-August.
- Eligible participants include all properties awarded a Pink Trillium. These properties are judged by a panel that includes the Chair and Members of the Trillium Executive Committee, the Red Trillium winner from the previous year and invited experts in the field of horticulture.
- The Red Trillium winner will be ineligible to participate in future Trillium Award Programs for 5 years
Awards of Excellence Corporate Award Program
Awards of Excellence are given to selected nominees from industrial, commercial, institutional and multi-residential properties across the City of Hamilton.
- There is one Award of Excellence per city ward
- Properties are nominated
- There are up to two Award of Excellences presented in each ward
Awards for Ancaster Residents
If your property is located in Ancaster check your local Horticultural Societies for information on the Trillium Awards program in your area. visit the Ancaster Horticultural Society
Announcement of the 2019 Red Trillium Award Recipient at Hamilton in Bloom Celebration Event on October 17, 2019. Pictures of winning properties will be on display at the Hamilton Fall Garden & Mum Show October 18 to October 27, 2019.
2018 Executive Committee Members
- Pat Gowan - Committee Chair
- Brenda Accadia
- Tracy Baldry
- Karen Brunsch
- Ann Cochren
- Tina Coverly
- Ann Howard
- Yasmeen Minocher
- Alex Moros - Staff
- Date modified: