Public Health restrictions to support the health and safety of staff, volunteer judges and gardeners during the COVID-19 response does not allow for the Trillium Program to run as it does in a normal year.
This year, gardeners will have the ability to self-nominate for a chance to win a White Trillium Certificate.
- The self-nomination period is now closed.
- Nominees are required to upload 3 photos of their front garden with at least one (1) photo capturing the entire front landscape of the property.
- Nominations can be made for residential and business properties in any City of Hamilton ward.
- Judging period August 1 to 10, 2020
- Winners announced September 2020
Gardens that are self-nominated will be judged by our volunteers using the Trillium Awards Criteria (PDF, 99.6 KB). The top 20 scored gardens in each ward will be awarded a White Trillium Certificate. Winning gardens will receive a certificate in the mail.
Awards of Excellence Corporate Award Program
Awards of Excellence are given to self-nominees from industrial, commercial, institutional and multi-residential properties across the City of Hamilton.
Awards for Ancaster Residents
The Ancaster Horticultural Society operates a Ward 12 specific program and have confirmed that their program is running this year. If your property is located in Ancaster, check your local Horticultural Societies for information on the Trillium Awards program. Visit the Ancaster Horticultural Society
The program is brought to you by the City of Hamilton with the support of the Trillium Awards Executive Committee. The Trillium Awards program promotes community pride by recognizing residents who, by landscaping and maintaining their gardens, contribute to a more attractive neighbourhood and community.
2020 Executive Committee Members:
- Ann Cochren - Committee Chair
- Pat Gowan
- Brenda Accadia
- Tina Coverly
- Ann Howard
- Yasmeen Minocher
- Theresa Phair - Staff Liaison
- Date modified: