The Trillium Awards program promotes community pride by recognizing residents who, by landscaping and maintaining their property, contribute to a more attractive neighbourhood and community.
Hamilton is divided into wards and zones for the Trillium Awards program. One or two volunteer judges judge each property in every ward and zone using specific criteria. There is no need for nominations, as all properties in the City of Hamilton are reviewed and considered for the Trillium Awards.
The Trillium Awards program is funded by private donations and corporate sponsors. The program is managed by a volunteer committee with assistance from the City of Hamilton.
2016 Executive Committee Members
Ancaster and Flamborough Trillium Awards
The Trillium Awards in Ancaster are operated by the Ancaster Horticultural Society.
Do you know of a property in Ancaster that is worthy of receiving a Trillium Award?
People can enter their own properties, and those of friends or neighbours in Ancaster. Ancaster Horticultural Society members are also encouraged to enter properties they consider worthy.
How to nominate a property
Trilliums are awarded in three classes:
- Single Residential
Entries will be accepted from June 1 to June 16, 2017. Late entries cannot be accepted.
There are 3 ways that you can nominate a property:
Send your name, address, phone number and e-mail by:
- Mail to:
Ancaster Horticultural Society
P.O. Box 81056, Fiddlers Green PO.
- Email to email@example.com
- Drop off in person to Maritime Travel at the Food Basics Plaza in Ancaster or the Ancaster Municipal Service Centre.
Entries are not accepted by phone.
Judging of entries will take place from July 8 to July 23, 2017.
The Awards Ceremony will be held on August 15, 2017.
The Flamborough Horticulture Society is pleased to present the 2016 Trillium Awards.Dedicated volunteers from the Flamborough Horticultural Society manage the program and judge each property that is nominated.
How to nominate a property
Nomination forms will appear in the Flamborough Review newspaper on Thursday, May 26 and Thursday, June 2, 2016. Nomination forms will also be available online or at the Flamborough Review Office, 30 Main Street North, Waterdown.
Judging of the gardens will take place from July 2 to July 15 by a team of volunteer judges from the Flamborough Horticultural Society.
When will award recipients be notified?
- White Trillium Award recipients will be notified by the end of July.
- Pink Trillium Award recipients will be invited to attend the Hamilton in Bloom Celebration Event at Gage Park in October 2016.
For more information contact:
Karen Brunsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awards presentation: October 20, 2016
The next Trillium Awards are given out in the summer of 2017. Take note of the following important dates:
- Become a volunteer judge. We provide all the materials and the training. Register online. All volunteer judges need to attend the workshop.
- Judges Workshop: Thursday, June 8, 2017
- White Trillium judging: June 9 to July 16, 2017. Awards are not given out prior to July 1, 2017
- Pink Trillium judging: July 22 to August 1, 2017
- Red Trillium judging: August 7 to August 11, 2017
- Awards presentation: October 19, 2017. Announcement of the 2017 Red Trillium Award Recipient at Hamilton in Bloom Celebration Event.
The Hamilton Trillium Awards Program does not require nominations. All properties will be reviewed by the volunteer judges.
- Date modified: