Vote by Mail
The Vote by Mail Request period has ended. All Vote by Mail (VBM) ballots have been mailed out.
Complete Vote by Mail Ballot
Do you have a Vote by Mail Ballot?
- Fill out your ballot using blue or black ink only. Do not use a pencil or coloured ink.
- Note: There is no marking pen included in the VBM package.
- Mail it via Canada Post by Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Drop it off at a designated drop box inside a Municipal Service Centre location during regular business hours before Friday, October 21, 2022
- Drop if off at City Hall by Election Day, Monday, October 24, 2022 at 8pm
All VBM packages must be received at City Hall no later than 8pm on Monday, October 24, 2022.
If you requested a VBM package and change your mind, you can still vote in person at a polling location or appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf. In either case, your VBM package can be canceled.
If you did not request a Vote by Mail package, you can still vote in person at the Advanced Poll Locations on October 7, 8, 14 and 15, or on Election Day, October 24. View polling locations and times.
Vote by Mail Requests
|Week 1 (Sep 1 to 2)||368|
|Week 2 (Sep 3 to 9)||575|
|Week 3 (Sep 10 to 16)||642|
|Week 4 (Sep 17 to 23)||1,591|
|Requests Returned||632 as of October 15|
Frequently Asked Questions
- A voting instruction sheet
- A ballot
- An inner ballot secrecy envelope
- A voter declaration form
- An outer return envelope with prepaid postage
Yes. When you request a Vote by Mail package, you will receive an email with a confirmation number. In that email will be a link you can use to check the status of your application.
Vote by Mail packages will be mailed the week of September 26, 2022.
Yes. Ballots can be dropped off at the designated mailbox located inside City’s Municipal Service Centres during regular business hours. If dropping off at a location other than City Hall, make sure that your ballot is submitted no later than October 21, 2022 to ensure that it is received in time.