The 2nd round of Public Information Centres (PICs) took place in January 2017. More than 400 community members attended to learn about new developments to the project and to provide input on the current plans.
Public Information Centre #2
- Review the presentation boards (PDF, 25 MB) and maps (PDF, 54 MB) from the second round of public meetings.
Public Information Centre #1
- Review the presentation boards (PDF, 16 MB) and maps (PDF, 56 MB) from the first round of public meetings.
Stay connected. Join our mailing list!
Want to know more?
- Join our mailing list for updates about the LRT project, public meetings and plans going forward.
Community Connector Program
The City of Hamilton launched the LRT “Community Connectors” Program, in partnership with Metrolinx, in May 2016.The Community Connector team, made up of a diverse group individuals from across our city, is committed to visiting every affected property (nearly 1,400) along the corridor twice per year for the duration of the project. Their role is to inform, educate and engage property owners and also gather feedback that will help inform the LRT plans.
For more information see the latest Council update on the Community Connector Program:
- January 30, 2017: Light Rail Transit Sub-Committee 17-001 (PDF), Item 7.1
LRT Citizens' Jury
A group of citizens that reflect the diversity of our community were recruited for a Citizens’ Jury. Using input from stakeholders like the public, the Jury provided advice to Hamilton City Council. They considered the challenges and opportunities that might arise from the implementation of LRT and will provide input into decision-making as higher order transit is implemented in Hamilton. This information was captured and shared with Council.
- Citizens' Jury Final Report (PDF, 7 MB) submitted to Council
- Date modified: