Update: Two down-bound lanes now open for Claremont Access, Sherman Access to be reduced to one lane starting April 1
Hamilton is a city rich in history and culture surrounded by spectacular nature. It is attractive to visitors and business owners because of unique opportunities such as our location, buildings, natural heritage, culture and outdoor adventure. Less than a one-hour drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls, the city boasts a strong arts scene, award-winning dining and festivals and events throughout the year. Hamilton is the perfect urban-rural mix with a large agricultural sector.
Hamilton is surrounded by the southern shores of Lake Ontario and the Niagara Escarpment, offering incredible access to recreation. The City offers a natural playground for cyclists, hikers, boaters and other outdoor adventurers. More than 100 waterfalls are just minutes from the downtown core.
What you can see and do in Hamilton
- Visit over 100 waterfalls
- Cycle or hike on hundreds of trails
- Attend an art crawl and visit our art galleries
- Visit historical sites and museums
- Attend national and international events such as the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games soccer and the 2015 Juno Awards
- Visit Hamilton festivals and events happening every weekend in our city
- Date modified: