Update: Two down-bound lanes now open for Claremont Access, Sherman Access to be reduced to one lane starting April 1
Our Future Hamilton is a vibrant place where...
- People of all ages, backgrounds and abilities are accepted and celebrated.
- There is always something to do in Hamilton, with a year-round calendar of events and a thriving local arts scene.
- All of our downtown areas are bustling centres of economic and community activity.
- People of all backgrounds, ages and abilities call Hamilton home and have access to the support and opportunities they need to succeed.
- Host year-round, local events that celebrate Hamilton’s diverse cultures and unique heritage.
- Recognize and celebrate indigenous traditions.
- Support and invest in the arts and local artists.
- Ensure Hamilton’s downtown areas are vibrant and inviting to businesses, residents and visitors.
- Support and grow our diverse food scene that includes restaurants, farmers markets and food trucks.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for new residents and students from outside of Hamilton, Ontario and Canada.
Inclusion & equity
- Respect and include all residents in community life regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, ability and background.
- Provide activities and gathering spaces to help seniors maintain active and productive lifestyles.
- Provide opportunities and supports for all children and youth to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Community support services
- Provide excellent and sustainable settlement services to newcomers in Hamilton.
Provide services and supports for people living with disabilities to live active lives.
Signs of success
- Hamilton is free from all forms of discrimination,
- Hamilton is home to successful cultural institutions and enterprises,
- Newcomers to Hamilton feel a sense of belonging,
- Local events and festivals are well-attended,
- The artistic community is growing,
- All people are able to be involved in community and civic activities.
- Date modified: