Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
Davis Creek has three established communities that are a mixed neighbourhoods of single family residents, town house complexes and high rise apartment dwellings. It contains a lot of high density living and many low income families.
2013 - Davis Creek (formerly Quigley Road) presented their Davis Creek Neighbourhood Action Plan (PDF, 2.49 MB) to Hamilton City Council for endorsement. The plans serve as a focal point for planning teams, but also continue to garnish the interest of other stakeholders from across the community.
- The age distribution in the Davis Creek neighbourhood is younger than the city as a whole, with more children and fewer seniors.
- The distribution of family types in Davis Creek is very similar to the city. The largest group of families with children are led by married parents (61%, compared to 66% for the city). There is a larger proportion of single parent-led households in Davis Creek (33% compared to 28% for the city).
- There are more people who identify with a visible minority group in Davis Creek than in Hamilton (18% vs. 14%), but fewer who have Aboriginal ancestry.
- There are larger proportions of immigrants in all periods examined as compared to the city. The proportion of immigrants who arrived in Canada in the most recent ten year period (1996- 2006) is more than double the rate for the city as a whole (14% vs. 6%).
- There is an almost equal proportion of persons with activity limitations in Davis Creek as compared to the city (20% vs. 21%).
Income & housing
- The distribution of housing tenure types in Davis Creek is similar to the city, with about one third renting, and two thirds owning their home.
- While more than four in ten renter households live in unaffordable housing in Davis Creek, the rate is slightly lower than for renters across Hamilton.
- The overall poverty rate for the Davis Creek neighbourhood is 24%, compared to 18% for the city.
- Young children under six have a higher poverty rate in Davis Creek than in the city, but seniors are much less likely to live on incomes below the poverty line.
- The rates of completed education in Davis Creek are similar to the city, but with slightly more residents with a high school certificate, and slightly fewer with a college or university diploma.
- The rate of high school non-completion is better in Davis Crek as compared to the city.
- The average age of death in Davis Creek is 74.6 years, 0.6 years younger than the median for the city, and 0.4 years older than the median for the lower city.
- Comparing to the city overall, Davis Creek residents visit an ER 190 more times per year per 1,000 residents.
- 5.3% of Davis Creek residents visiting an emergency room have no family doctor, a rate that is lower than the city (6.2%) and the lower city (9.3%).
- Date modified: