Hamilton’s Food Strategy (PDF, 9.28 MB) guides the food related work of City departments while supporting collaboration and innovation within the City and with community partners from all sectors of the food system. The Food Strategy takes a holistic approach that looks at all the parts of a food system to optimize the allocation of resources for food actions.
The Food Strategy includes:
- 4 overarching goals
- 14 food system recommendations
- 46 actions
Setting the Table to Move into Action (PDF, 43 KB)
Food Strategy Vision
A city with a sustainable food system where all people at all times have economic and physical access to enough safe, nutritious food to meet their dietary needs and food preferences.
Subscribe to receive updates
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation requires us to get your consent to communicate with you electronically. If you want to receive updates and/or participate in developing the Food Strategy:
- Email [email protected] with the subject line "Subscribe for Food Strategy updates"
The City of Hamilton values your privacy and will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your expressed consent.
Reports and documents
Board of Health
- Report to Council (BOH13001i) – July 10, 2019
- Report to Council (BOH13001h)/PW18023(City Wide) – March 19, 2018
- Report to Council (BOH13001g) – December 4, 2017
- Report to Council (BOH13001f) – December 4, 2017
- Report to Council (BOH13001e) – June 19, 2017
- Report to Council (BOH13001d) - August 11, 2016 (PDF, 441 KB)
- Presentation to Council - August 11, 2016 (PDF, 4.8 MB)
- Report to Council (BOH13001c) - November 16, 2015 (PDF, 329 kB)
- Report to Council (BOH13001b) - June 15, 2015 (PDF, 297 KB)
- Report to Council (BOH13001a) - August 14, 2014 (PDF, 445 KB)
- Presentation to Council - August 14, 2014 (PDF, 228 KB)
- Appendix A - Food Charter for Hamilton - August 14, 2014 (PDF, 380 KB)
Food Literacy Network
- Hamilton Food Literacy Network Forum Report - 2017 (PDF, 2 MB)
- Date modified: