The Coming Together to End Homelessness: Hamilton’s Systems Planning Framework (PDF, 17 MB) sets a path forward to end chronic homelessness by 2025. It serves as a roadmap to guide municipal decision-makers, staff, social service providers and community organizations in addressing the needs of individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
The framework re-envisions the way services are delivered and policies are implemented across Hamilton’s homeless-serving system.
While the homeless-serving system responds to immediate needs to divert people from homelessness and rapidly houses those in need of enhanced supports, partners across the broader social safety net contribute to a sustainable, seamless response that ensures prevention and appropriate housing are in place to reduce the risk of homelessness, prevent homelessness whenever possible, or otherwise ensure it is a rare, brief and non-reoccurring experience.
The framework serves two main purposes:
- To detail Hamilton’s s roadmap to ending homelessness within the context of the broader social safety net; and,
- To outline a Systems Planning Framework to guide the design of the City’s investments in homelessness and enhance overall coordination of diverse resources locally to meet systems planning goals.
Call for Applications
Hamilton Homelessness - Serving System
The City of Hamilton invites social service providers and community organizations to submit an application to receive funding for interventions that support the creation of a responsive, sustainable and well-performing homeless-serving system informed by evidence-based research and best practice that is effectively integrated into the broader social safety net.
This Call for Applications is supported through federal and provincial homelessness funding programs.
Applications are due by September 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
Please note there are separate application and budget templates for each intervention:
- Assertive Housing-Focused Outreach: Application (DOC, 170 KB) Budget (XLSX, 34 KB)
- Permanent Housing with Supports: Application (DOC, 196 KB) Budget (XLSX, 34 KB)
- Homelessness Prevention or Shelter Diversion: Application (DOC, 194 KB) Budget (XLSX, 34 KB)
- Transitional Housing: Application (DOC, 175 KB) Budget (XLSX, 34 KB)
- Date modified: