Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
The City of Hamilton in partnership with a multi-stakeholder Planning Group and the Affordable Housing Flagship has developed a 10-year person-centred action plan for Hamilton that identifies priorities and strategies to address housing and homelessness in Hamilton.
The Housing & Homelessness Action Plan:
- is a 10-year person-centred plan to make sure everyone in Hamilton has a home.
- is a plan of action to achieve targets for housing supply, affordability, supports, quality and equity for all Hamiltonians.
- identifies outcomes, strategies, and actions.
- will require partnerships and community involvement to implement.
- includes monitoring and measuring to ensure action and celebrate successes.
- was endorsed by City Council December, 2013.
- June 24, 2015 - Council receives 2014 Report to the Community
- December 9. 2013 - Council endorsement of Phase Two
- June 11, 2012 - Council endorsement of Phase One
- October 2010 - Housing and Homelessness Planning Group was convened to provide guidance to staff in the development of the Housing and Homelessness Action Plan.
- 2007 - Council approved Everyone Has a Home: A Strategic Plan to Address Homelessness, Hamilton’s first comprehensive plan to address homelessness.
- 2004 - Council approved Keys to the Home: A Housing Strategy for Hamilton, first housing strategy for the City since amalgamation.
Plans & documents
- Housing and Homelessness Action Plan Summary - October 2013 (PDF, 7.79 MB)
- Housing and Homelessness Action Plan Full Report - December 2013 (PDF, 7.08 MB)
- Examining the Housing and Homelessness Environment in Hamilton - October 2011 (PDF, 6.36 MB)
- What we heard... Talking to People About Housing & Homelessness in Hamilton - October 2012 (PDF - 4.58 MB)
- Housing and Homelessness Action Plan (CS11017b) - Endorsement of Phase 1 - June 11, 2012 (PDF)
- Housing and Homelessness Action Plan (CS11017c) - Endorsement of Phase 2 - December 9, 2013 (PDF)
Housing and Homelessness Action Plan - 2014 Report to the Community (CES15033) - June 22, 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report to the Community - Appendix A to Report CES15033 - June 22, 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Strategy Progress Update - Appendix B to Report CES15033 - June 22, 2015 (PDF)
- Date modified: