The City of Hamilton's Housing & Homelessness Action Plan (PDF, 7 MB) is a 10-year, solution-focused, person-centred plan that will guide decision making on how the Hamilton community will address affordable housing and homelessness issues.
The purpose of the Housing & Homelessness Action Plan is to:
- ensure everyone in Hamilton has a home
- achieve targets for housing supply, affordability, supports, quality and equity for all Hamiltonians
- identify outcomes, strategies, and actions
- require partnerships and community involvement to implement
- monitor and measure to ensure action and celebrate successes
The Action Plan was developed in partnership with a multi-stakeholder Planning Group and the Affordable Housing Flagship.
- December 12, 2016: Council receives 2015 and 2016 Report to the Community
- June 24, 2015: Council receives 2014 Report to the Community
- December 9. 2013: Council endorsement of Phase Two
- June 11, 2012: Council endorsement of Phase One
- October 2010: Housing and Homelessness Planning Group was convened to provide guidance to staff in the development of the Housing and Homelessness Action Plan.
- 2007: Council approved Everyone Has a Home: A Strategic Plan to Address Homelessness, Hamilton’s first comprehensive plan to address homelessness.
- 2004: Council approved Keys to the Home: A Housing Strategy for Hamilton, first housing strategy for the City since amalgamation.
Related plans & documents
- Annual Report to the Province - 2016 (PDF, 1 MB)
- Annual Report to the Province - 2015 (PDF, 1 MB)
- Annual Report to the Community - 2014 (PDF, 2 MB)
- Staff Report CES15033: Housing and Homelessness Action Plan - 2014 Report to the Community - June 22, 2015 (PDF)
- Staff Report CS11017c: Housing and Homelessness Action Plan - Endorsement of Phase 2 - December 9, 2013 (PDF)
- Staff Report CS11017b: Housing and Homelessness Action Plan - Endorsement of Phase 1 - June 11, 2012 (PDF)
- Date modified: