Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
Each ward profile provides an overview of the ward’s features, assets and various indicators of socio-demographic characteristics.
Specifically, the ward-level information includes:
- Family Structure
- Mobility Status
- Ethnicity, Language, Immigrants and Visible Minorities
- Labour Force Characteristics
- Low Income Status
- Land Use
- Voter Turnout
2011 Profiles for each Ward
2006 Profiles for each Ward
The indicators included represent a compilation of the most recent data available from:
- Statistics Canada’s 2011 Census
- Statistics Canada’s 2011 National Household Survey or NHS
- Hamilton’s Planning and Economic Development Department development applications, and building permits
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation housing starts
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation or MPAC
- Hamilton’s Official Plan
- Hamilton's Parks Committee
Where possible, data for different points in time and/or for the overall City of Hamilton is provided. Indicators are presented in tables and graphs which help draw comparisons over time and between different levels of geography.
- Date modified: