Hamilton is a tenacious, proud, spirited, ambitious, welcoming and diverse city. Determined. Innovative. Always moving forward.
In October 2017, the City of Hamilton officially submitted a proposal to Amazon for their next North American headquarters. Hamilton is a well-positioned contender and meets the criteria.
- City of Hamilton Amazon HQ2 Bid Proposal (PDF, 71 MB)
- Some content has been removed for confidentiality purposes
Hamilton and its surrounding area offer Amazon an urban location with high connectivity to downtown, multi-modal transit and goods transport, good quality of life, a vibrant arts, culture and food scene, immediate access to high quality fibre connectivity and world class health-care, an ‘educational hub’ with access to a highly skilled labour force including tech and a population of over two million people.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada is a tenacious, proud, spirited, ambitious, welcoming and diverse city. Determined. Innovative. Always moving forward.
Attendees at the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce's City Managers Breakfast (Oct 31, 2017) were asked to talk about why they think Hamilton is Unstoppable. Here's what they said.
- Hamilton is tenacious, spirited, ambitious, diverse and welcoming
- We have a distinctive and dynamic arts, and music scene, with homegrown neighbourhood festivals, burgeoning foodie scene, fresh food trucks and pop-up restaurants
- Hamilton is a livable, breathable and walkable city that moves
- We are a natural oasis with Canada’s largest botanical gardens, UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve and stunning Niagara Escarpment
- Hamilton has unrivaled, affordable housing opportunities within financial reach
- Canada has the highest standard of living and highest GDP growth in the G7
- Hamilton is one of the least congested cities in Ontario
- Nearly 200 kilometres of bike lanes
- Hamilton is Canada’s multi-modal goods movement giant
- We are the only Southern Ontario/Greater Toronto-Hamilton Area (GTHA) city that can offer every mode of transportation within the city limits
- Largest NO CURFEW 24/7 International airport in GTHA; fly in and out when it fits your business model – preeminent location for same day/next day delivery
- Hamilton is surrounded by one of the most highly educated, skilled and reliable workforces in the world – with direct access to the technology workers Amazon needs
- Average annual compensation for tech talent in Hamilton is 58+% more competitive than most U.S. jurisdictions
- Access to 23 world-leading universities and colleges (including McMaster University and Mohawk College) with cutting-edge research and innovation focus
- Post-secondary education in Ontario is publicly-funded and more affordable than in U.S.
- Hamilton’s economy ranks as one of the most diversified in Canada
- Ontario is the largest economy in Canada
- Hamilton provides a highly competitive, low cost operating environment for business operations and employees
- Canada’s labour costs per employee are lowest in the G7
The ‘Hamilton: Welcome to Unstoppable’ campaign supports the city’s commitment to continuing to grow, move, innovate and promote Hamilton’s assets and attributes – to the people of Hamilton, the rest of the country, and the world.
Follow the #UnstoppableHamilton conversation on Twitter
- Date modified: