Notice of Study Commencement & Virtual Public Information Centre #1
The City of Hamilton is undertaking a review and update of the 2011 Airport Employment Growth District (AEGD) Transportation Master Plan(TMP). The AEGD TMP is a strategic policy document developed to provide a framework which guides future transportation-related studies, projects, initiatives and decisions within AEGD.
This study is following the Municipal Class EA (October 2000, as amended 2007, 2011 & 2015), which will complete Phases 1 for new Roadways and 2 for previously approved Roadways.
By 2031, planned growth in the Hamilton Airport Employment Growth District (AEGD) is expected to reach over 23,843 employees. The 2011 Hamilton AEGD Transportation Master Plan (TMP) was undertaken to prepare a transportation strategy that would suitably accommodate these employment projections and the City of Hamilton’s long-term vision.
AEGD TMP Implementation Update (PDF, 7 MB)
2011 AEGD Transportation Master Plan:
This provincially significant employment land is located southwest of the City of Hamilton Urban Area, encircling the Hamilton International Airport (HIA). The study area is characterized primarily by existing agricultural and rural residential lands.
The preferred Land Use option proposed for the AEGD lands provided approximately 742 net hectares of employment land to serve the needs to 2031 and 1,271 to serve the demands beyond 2031. The AEGD will be developed in Two development phases to coincide with water, wastewater, and transportation infrastructure development phasing.
The objectives of the AEGD TMP update include:
- Review and update of the multimodal transportation strategy that supports development and vision of the AEGD, in alignment with the guiding principles of the city-wide Transportation Master Plan
- Re-affirm identified problems or opportunities and recommend alternative solutions to transportation issues anticipated for 2031 horizon year and beyond
- Modify the AEGD road network to enhance network connectivity, increase redundancy; and address capacity constraints
- Identify and protect future transportation corridors in relation to ongoing development since 2011/2016, implementability, road functional classification and associated Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) classification.
- Integrate policies, programs, funding and infrastructure needs;
- Determine preliminary cost estimates for transportation infrastructure improvement projects in relation to proposed network changes;
- Review and update the transit network and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) measures and guidelines previously recommended for the AEGD
- Increase Cycling/Pedestrian/Trails network connectivity to support active transportation needs throughout the AEGD.
Media releases and notices
- Notice of Study Commencement and PIC 1 (PDF, 139 KB)
AEGD TMP Update - Virtual Public Information Centre #1
The PIC will introduce you to the study, and offer an opportunity to comment on the study evaluation process and updated proposed collector and arterial road network. This is a WebEx Event meeting and require pre-registration.
Date: Thursday, May 13, 2021
Time: 6 to 8 pm
Register your attendance
Review PIC #1 Presentation materials before the meeting:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 2218
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext.7474
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: