Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
The City of Hamilton has initiated the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment or Class EA process to identify preferred solutions for existing and future stormwater management challenges.
This project was initiated to address road clearance issues underneath the bridges within the study area to ensure road clearances under City of Hamilton bridges continue to comply with engineering standards. In addressing the road clearance requirements, new stormwater management challenges were identified in addition to the existing drainage challenges along the corridor. The project will aim to identify solutions to both existing and future storm water management and drainage challenges.
The City is asking residents to provide their input on the project concerning the three overhead bridges along Birch Avenue between Burlington Street East and Barton Street East.
Location: Birch Avenue (Barton Street to Burlington Street)
Classification: Schedule B
Notices and media releases
- Notice of study completion (PDF, 109 KB)
- Notice of study commencement and public information centre (PDF, 324 KB)
Study documents and project reports
- Birch Road Project File Report (PDF, 2 MB)
- Appendix A: Design Drawings (PDF, 1 MB)
- Appendix B: Natural Heritage (PDF, 5 MB)
- Appendix C: Cultural Heritage and Archaeology (PDF, 16 MB)
- Appendix D: Transportation Assessment and Cycling Facility Selection Analysis (PDF, 3 MB)
- Appendix E: Drainage Assessment (PDF, 6 MB)
- Appendix F: Consultation and Engagement (PDF, 4 MB)
If you have any questions, comments or wish to be added to the study mailing list, contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2732
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: