- high priority area for the development of a secondary plan, since it is the easterly terminus point for one of the city’s major corridors, the Main King Queenston Corridor
- major destination for transit services, as well as the location of possible higher order transit in the future.
- It is also identified as a Sub-Regional Service Node in the Urban Hamilton Official Plan Urban Structure.
The boundary of the Centennial Secondary Plan study area is preliminary and could change during the course of the secondary planning process.
Location: The Neighbourhood Transportation Master Plan or NTMP, covers the area intended by the Secondary Plan and extends beyond it. The Centennial Neighbourhoods for the study are located east of downtown Hamilton, and are generally bound by:
- the QEW and Confederation Park to the north
- Queenston Road to the south
- the Red Hill Expressway to the west
- Lake Avenue to the east
The neighbourhood contains a mix of industrial, residential and commercial lands, with the centre of neighbourhood commerce being Eastgate Square at the intersection of Queenston Road and Centennial Parkway North. Metrolinx reference for GO stations identifies the planned Confederation Station on the northwest corner of Centennial Parkway North and Goderich Road as a bus and future train station; however “The Big Move” is under review 2014-2016 and may affect the status of this GO Station.
Public Information Centre #3
To be held April 28, 2016
Presented the proposed future land use, intensification, and transportation changes to the area. Presentation (PDF, 6 MB) | Display panels (PDF, 7 MB)
Public Information Centre #2
Held December 1, 2015
Phase 2 of the Centennial Neighbourhoods Secondary Plan Study and Transportation Management Plan Study. Display panels (PDF, 1.3 MB) | Worksheet (PDF, 45 KB) | Comment sheet (DOC, 88 KB) | Consultation summary (PDF, 369 KB)
Public Information Centre #1
Held April 30, 2015
Initiated the Centennial Neighbourhoods Secondary Plan Study and Transportation Management Plan Study (Municipal Class Environmental Assessment). Display panels (PDF, 6.1 MB) | Consultation summary (PDF, 305 KB)
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 3438
- Date modified: