The City of Hamilton has retained IBI Group to undertake the study and design of a new bus maintenance and storage facility (MSF) for use by Hamilton Transit (HSR) on Birch Avenue. The purpose of the project is to increase maintenance and storage capacity for existing and new buses which are required to improve transit service across Hamilton. The facility will include a storage area, a maintenance garage, administrative offices, and staff parking.
Study status: Active. Notice of Commencement was issued on September 20, 2019.
How the project is implemented: The project is currently in the pre-planning phase of the TPAP process. The design work and environmental assessment are jointly funded by the City of Hamilton and Phase 1 of the Government of Canada’s Public Transit Investment Fund (PTIF).
Classification: Transit Project Assessment Process
Study documents and project reports
DRAFT Environmental Project Report (PDF, 3 MB)
- Appendix A: Design Drawings (PDF, 2 MB)
- Appendix B: Natural Heritage (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix C: Cultural Heritage and Archaeology (PDF, 39 MB)
- Appendix D: Noise Assessment (PDF, 2 MB)
- Appendix E: Air Quality (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix F: Physical Environment (PDF, 60 MB)
- Appendix G: Traffic Impact Study (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix H: Consultation Record (PDF, 9 MB)
Media releases and notices
- Notice of Commencement and Public Consultation Centre #2 (PDF, 200 KB)
- Notice of Public Consultation Centre #1 (PDF, 126 KB)
Public Consultation Centre #2
Held October 1, 2019
Presented information on the project design, existing/future environmental conditions/impacts, mitigation and monitoring measures.
Display panels (PDF, 7 MB) | PCC 2 Summary (PDF, 9 MB)
Public Consultation Centre #1
Held March 26, 2019
Presented information on the study, emerging findings and potential site concepts for the new bus maintenance and storage facility.
Display panels (PDF, 7 MB) | PCC 1 Summary (PDF, 7 MB)
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 3142
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: