The City of Hamilton has completed an Environmental Project Report in accordance with Ontario Regulation 231/08 for the Hamilton Transit Bus Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF). The 30-day public review period ended on Sunday, February 2, 2020.
The City of Hamilton retained IBI Group to undertake the study and design a new bus maintenance and storage facility (MSF) for use by Hamilton Transit (HSR) on Birch Avenue. The purpose of the project is to increase maintenance and storage capacity for existing and new buses which are required to improve transit service across Hamilton. The facility will include a storage area, a maintenance garage, administrative offices, and staff parking.
The design work and environmental assessment are jointly funded by the City of Hamilton and Phase 1 of the Government of Canada’s Public Transit Investment Fund (PTIF).
Study status: Complete
Classification: Transit Project Assessment Process
Study documents and project reports
Environmental Project Report:
Bus Maintenance & Storange Facility - January 3, 2020:
- Environmental Project Report (PDF, 3 MB)
- Appendix A: Design Drawings (PDF, 2 MB)
- Appendix B: Natural Heritage (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix C: Cultural Heritage and Archaeology (PDF, 12 MB)
- Appendix D: Noise Assessment (PDF, 2 MB)
- Appendix E: Air Quality (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix F: Physical Environment - Part 1 (PDF, 6 MB)
- Appendix F: Physical Environment - Part 2 (PDF, 3 MB)
- Appendix F: Physical Environment - Part 3 (PDF, 40 MB)
- Appendix F: Physical Environment - Part 4 (PDF, 14 MB)
- Appendix G: Traffic Impact Study (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix H: Consultation Part 1: Pre-TPAP (PDF, 9 MB)
- Appendix H: Consultation Part 2: TPAP (PDF, 8 MB)
Media releases and notices
- Statement of Completion (PDF, 133 KB)
- Notice of Completion and Environmental Project Report (PDF, 90 KB)
- Notice of Commencement and Public Consultation Centre #2 (PDF, 200 KB)
- Notice of Public Consultation Centre #1 (PDF, 126 KB)
Public Consultation Centre #2
Held October 1, 2019
Presented information on the project design, existing/future environmental conditions/impacts, mitigation and monitoring measures.
Display panels (PDF, 7 MB) | PCC 2 Summary (PDF, 9 MB)
Public Consultation Centre #1
Held March 26, 2019
Presented information on the study, emerging findings and potential site concepts for the new bus maintenance and storage facility.
Display panels (PDF, 7 MB) | PCC 1 Summary (PDF, 7 MB)
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 3142
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: