The City of Hamilton initiated the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process to develop and assess design alternatives that address transportation issues along Mohawk Road from McNiven Road to Highway 403.
The Ancaster Transportation Master Plan (ATMP) reviewed transportation issues in Ancaster. The ATMP identified Mohawk Road as a Schedule C (Phases 3 & 4) project with the need for road widening improvements – three lanes with two-way left turn lane (TWLTL). This stretch of road is a two-lane road with urban and rural cross sections. Sidewalks exist sporadically along the road.
Location: Mohawk Road from McNiven Road to Hwy 403
Study status: Complete
Classification: Schedule C (Phases 3 & 4)
Media releases and notices
- Notice of Study Completion and Public Review Period (PDF, 89 KB)
- Notice of Public Information Centre #2 (PDF, 216 KB)
- Notice of Study Commencement and Public Information Centre #1 (PDF, 18 KB)
Study documents and project reports
Mohawk Road Environmental Study Report (PDF, 6 MB)
- Appendix A: Transportation and Traffic Assessment Report (PDF, 3 MB)
- Appendix B: Natural Heritage Report (PDF, 8 MB)
- Appendix C: Tree Management Plan Report (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix D: Drainage and Stormwater Management Report (PDF, 3 MB)
- Appendix E: Notice of Study Commencement and Public Information Centre #1 (PDF, 4 MB)
- Appendix F: Alternative Design Concepts (PDF, 10 MB)
- Appendix G: Public Information Centre #2 (PDF, 17 MB)
- Appendix H: Pedestrian Crossing Treatment Review (PDF, 432 KB)
Public Information Centre #2
Held April 11, 2019
Information provided about the preferred option and engaged the stakeholders for comments on key issues and concerns.
Display panels (PDF, 1 MB) | Large map (PDF, 7 MB)
Public Information Centre #1
Held September 24, 2018
Information provided about the project and engaged the stakeholders for comments on key issues and concerns.
Display panels (PDF, 7 MB)
If you have any questions, comments or wish to be added to the study mailing list, contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 4101
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: