Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
The City of Hamilton initiated a Class Environmental Assessment study to determine the preferred location for a new septage waste haulage receiving station in Hamilton to accept sewage from residential, commercial and industrial sources from areas that are not currently serviced by the City’s sanitary sewer system.
This study includes public, review agency, and First Nations consultation, evaluation of alternatives, assessment of the impacts of the proposed works, and identification of measures to mitigate any adverse impacts.
Study status: Active
Classification: Schedule B
Media releases and notices
Study documents and project reports
- New Sewage Waste Haulage Receiving Station Project File Report (PDF, 12 MB)
- Appendix A: Notice of Study Commencement/PIC No. 1, Agency Response Form and Agency Mailing List (PDF, 10 MB)
- Appendix B: Built Cultural Heritage Memorandum and MTCS Heritage Checklist (PDF, 860 KB)
- Appendix C: Stage 1 Archaeological Assessment (PDF, 8 MB)
- Appendix D: Natural Heritage Memorandum (PDF, 3 MB)
Committee and Council reports
Two public information sessions will be held as part of this study.
Public Information Centre No. 2
Held September 19, 2018
To introduce the background and objectives of the study, communicate the approach of the evaluation of alternatives and present the alternative sites and the preliminary preferred site.
Display panels (PDF, 3 MB) | Comment sheet (PDF, 151 KB)
Public Information Centre No. 1
Held November 9, 2017
To provide background information and to identify the problems and opportunities that will be addressed through the study.
Display panels (PDF, 6 MB) | Comment sheet (PDF, 138 KB)
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2087
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: