The City of Hamilton initiated the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment or Class EA process for the extensions of Twenty Road East & Upper Red Hill Valley Parkway. The Class EA will include details on all potential above ground and/or underground infrastructure works required and road design, including:
- Twenty Road East will be extended easterly from the existing Twenty Road East/Glover Road intersection;
- Upper Red Hill Valley Parkway will be extended southerly from the existing Upper Red Hill Valley Parkway/Rymal Road intersection;
- Twenty Road East and Upper Red Hill Valley Parkway extensions will connect at a new intersection.
Study status: Active
Classification: Schedule C (Phases 3 and 4)
Related EAs and studies
- Rymal Road Planning Area (ROPA 9) Master Plan Class Environmental Assessment Phases 1 & 2, June 2006 - identified the need for a north-south link from the Red Hill Valley Parkway to south of Rymal Road as a crucial element of the broader City road network to serve the local community.
- North Glanbrook Industrial Business Park Transportation Master Plan Class Environmental Assessment, August 2006 (PDF, 17 MB) - provides policies and strategies for a road network that will support development within the NGIBP (now Red Hill Business Park), while planning for the expected increase in traffic on roadways within and adjacent to the business park when development occurs.
- Trinity Church Arterial Corridor Class Environmental Assessment Study Report Phase 3 & 4, June 2007 (PDF, 14 MB) - addressed the entire Trinity Church Road corridor (now Upper Red Hill Valley Parkway).
- Red Hill Business Park South Transportation Master Plan Addendum, 2013 - initiated because the previously identified alignment for the easterly extension of Twenty Road was no longer viable due to the form of industrial development occurring in the business park.
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 6412
- Date modified: